*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Soldato
A few things i don't get after looking some more, has anyone actually built a station and what's it like?

No youtube vids of it yet but maybe it takes a lot of credits, also what is up with trading, do you really have to go station to station and npc to npc all the time, where the mk3 trading ships and stuff, all i've seen is campaign missions and stuff, i don't get it, looks nothing like x to me?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Any idea what the patch was it's not very big at 5mb.

PATCH 1.13 2013-11-18

Fixed player occasionally being sent 1000s of km into space on leaving superhighway.

Fixed some invalid (but harmless) values in some savegames.

Fixed some causes of ship traders getting stuck (more to come on this).

Taken from Here

Last edited:
Soldato
:p

The voice acting is laughably bad, like they got some random person off the street to read thier poorly written scripts, they might have got away with it in the past but there's not much excuse now, compare it to x2 which was released in 2003...

X Rebirth
X2 The Threat

Associate
Makes you think about Star Citizen - there is a lot of expectation for them to produce a AAA+ MMO and single player game in a years time with a team of about 30 people! If he pulls it off ill be amazed.

There are a lot more than 30 people working on Star Citizen! Other than the 2 Cloud Imperium Studios in TX and CA and with a 3rd opening soon in Manchester run by Erin Roberts they also subcontract to other studios in Canada and Mexico (run by people Chris has worked with in the past) and have talented individuals working on it worldwide. I don't know the exact number but it's easily >100.

As for X rebirth it's a shame...I'm glad the videos I watched put me off, they had a real 'console' look about them.

Last edited:
Associate
Just watched the video Mac is funny really really glad I had too many games already so didn't buy Xrebirth the price was stupid too at release.
If everything Mac said is true I will never buy this game ok maybe a £5 max just to see how bad it is so disappointing a lot people who worked on this game should be sacked.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
They'll get thru it, they just need to pull there fingers out & bug fix pronto, then patch out parts of the game that suck, then get some new content added, which Ego have never been shy about adding in the past.

Soldato
Bought a copy for my brother but he wasn't interested, so selling it in the MM for a cheapish price. He saw me play mine but didn't really like the look of it! I'm hoping they can sort out the awful dialogue and performance, those are my main problems with the game. Show me your skills please, show me your wares please Ughhh

Soldato
The game isn't a 10, neither is it a 1, it's purely average, personally I'd put it around 4.5 but it may increase if/when they start fixing things. I still maintain the game is fundamentally flawed but I'm hoping I can get some play time out of it beyond the 9 hours I've managed so far.

Although I've since started playing Kerbal so that's not looking likely!

Back
Top Bottom