Ibiza 2014

Soldato
8 of us have booked flights to Ibiza for next august and its on to accommodation sorting now. We have all got a lot happening next year (that time of our lives when its stag do's and wedding galore) so trying to get it sorted early so just need ticket booking and spending money.

Has anyone stayed at Ibiza rocks? We are looking at getting the Stage View Studios which work out at £385 PP for the week

Soldato
Can't think of anything worse than staying at Ibiza Rocks. What happens if you're ill/generally knackered and want to just sleep? Plus £385pp is pretty expensive, where we stayed was pretty good, 2 pools and poolside bar etc for about £80pp.

It's not like you're going to go to Ibiza Rocks every night (and if you are then Ibiza is wasted) so staying there has no massive advantage.

Soldato
Fad lol. It's a place for a good fun holiday with friends really. I'm not a clubber by any stretch of the imagination but I went with 3 housemates and we had a great time. Chilled by the pool and went to awesome clubs every night. Also "club" is a bit loose considering they're nothing like UK clubs.

Associate
I stayed at Ibiza rocks this year, was awesome saw tinie tempah,example and had a boat party and had a stage view room.

Its a loud hotel so i wouldnt go if you like a good nights sleep, as theres loud music playing literally 24/7.

Oh and by the way dont expect fantastic quality, all you pay for is the entertainment.

Soldato
Just googled ibiza rocks...

I would shoot myself.

I want to go just so I can spiderman that crowd.

Soldato
Stay in Playa de'n Bossa.

My sister is a bit of an Ibiza veteran and has been staying in the same place for the last few years as she reckons it cannot be beaten for location and price. The Algarb in PLaya Bossa.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/spain/ibiza/playa-den-bossa/algarb-hotel.html

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...-Playa_d_en_Bossa_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

You can pay a bit more and get all inclusive which is what she does and just hammers the bar before she goes out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never stayed in Ibiza rock's but I have been there to a free event called Size matters, Steve angello played.

I would imagine its a very hectic place to stay :p especially if you need some down time and some sleep after clubbing. You tend to get quite a few idiots there.

I remember people being up in their rooms chucking drinks and stuff off the balcony, probably goes on it a lot of places but if you want a party hotel, that's what you have

personally I would prefer somewhere not too loudish so I can get at-least some sleep after some clubbing and afterparty madness

But I guess you would get stuff like this at night :p, sorry about the dodgy camera angle

When I stayed I was at a friends apartment (worker) right on the rocks by the sea (K Cove, just down from Cafe Mambo), best time of my life

Also done space they had a good house night there, fake blood was playing, but hands down best thing was Tiesto at Privilege

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I did Ibiza in 2006 and 2011 so already know its not 'a fad' and certainly is an amazing place.

Before we stayed in San Antonio near the egg roundabout at Es Pla (half board)

Villa is out the question, in 2011 a group of 12 friends got a villa in the middle of the island somewhere near Amnesia - It was good but they needed to hire taxis to get anywhere (that or someone would be designated driver, no-one wanted to be)

PapaLazaru - I have just looked into the The Algarb in PLaya Bossa. It comes to 385 PP for self catering! chances of that happening!? (£3082 total it comes to between 8)

Soldato
I have stayed in Ibiza rocks.

If you like sleeping in past 9am, do not stay at the rocks. They play a mix tape dead on 9am every morning, and there is no escaping the music, the speakers are everywhere.

i was getting in at roughly 5am every morning, just as i was sleeping, some **** would walk past my door and kick the **** out of it just for a laugh, joke.

Soldato
i've stayed at playa den bossa 10 times in last 6 years. hotel algarb, sal rossa, mare nostrum, fiesta playa den bossa hotel (changed to ushusia tower) and fiesta don toni hotel (now changed to hotel rock hotel)

the best hotel out of them were sal rossa. full stop. i drove to san A about 5 times to attend cafe mambo thought it was great but after that it was best to go back to play den bossa for rest of the night.

Associate
I spent a few nights in San Antonio (on my way abck from Tomatina), Hotel Piscis. The hotel itself was alright. Shame about the guests, blimey. I've stayed in a lot of hostels etc but never seen anything like it. About 3-5am every morning the guests would come back. Couldn't find there room key or whoever they were sharing with wouldn't open the door. So they'd proceed in kicking down doors until they found beds. Saw a few people riding mopeds through the corridoors aswell lol. It was crazy.

Ibiza town i found a lot nicer. Even different nationalities there.

Back
Top Bottom