**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
We get it pc's look better, frankly its not all about graphics and consoles add something over PC gaming in some cases.

I'll be having great fun playing forza etc at the weekend and my £1000+ gaming PC will be getting a break while I do.

An Xbox One and 4 games and some other bits is costing me less than a Titan or even a 780TI so im happy to have a new toy for my living room.

That and it will be nice to be out of my gaming cave and back in the living room.

Soldato
well I have a 7850 which I thought consoles were meant to be at least the equivalent off?

well when I think next gen I'm thinking

which gave me 40-60fps on a 7850 and that game isn't even optimised yet

Geez i havent even heard of that game but looks seriously nice graphically. Still a car game though at the end of the day...needs missiles ;)

Soldato
We get it pc's look better, frankly its not all about graphics and consoles add something over PC gaming in some cases.

I'll be having great fun playing forza etc at the weekend and my £1000+ gaming PC will be getting a break while I do.

An Xbox One and 4 games and some other bits is costing me less than a Titan or even a 780TI so im happy to have a new toy for my living room.

That and it will be nice to be out of my gaming cave and back in the living room.

Exactly the way i feel about it. I have the nice pc for my 'hardcore' gaming as people seem to want to call it. But want a console to be able to lounge on the sofa and have a game/leave the desk lol.

Associate
well I have a 7850 which I thought consoles were meant to be at least the equivalent off?

well when I think next gen I'm thinking

which gave me 40-60fps on a 7850 and that game isn't even optimised yet
yeah ok I'm assuming your getting those fps but not with everything max and not with other cars on track ;)

Caporegime
We get it pc's look better, frankly its not all about graphics
I thought it was all about next gen graphics? and consoles catching up with mid-high end pc's for the most part but they seem miles away if forza5 is anything to go by.

lets face it the majority of pc games graphics have been stagnating for years and most of us were happy about the new consoles expected them to bring on the push for higher res textures , lighting effects , shadows etc but it appears it won't be the push we were expecting

yeah ok I'm assuming your getting those fps but not with everything max and not with other cars on track ;)

i got 60 solid in time trial and around 30-40 with over 12 cars , 60 odd cars dropped me down to the low 20's but that might have been mainly because I was using an amd x6 1055t @ stock back when I still had a toolpack to it

Soldato
As my wife put it last night, you sit at a PC all day at work and come home and sit at a PC for half the night.

Shes going to love having a new console almost as much as me, and things like Xbox Fitness and some other games just don't exist on a PC.

Mix it up a bit and its not all about poly counts texture sizes.

Associate
I'm watching the Polygon live steam. I'm surprised there's little comment about it in this thread.

So far, the Kinect voice commands look to be a total failure. Very inconsistent and one of the hosts said 'this is my entire experience' with that "feature".

Of course, this could be resolved in the future with patches, but not good impression given the attention Microsoft have given to this feature.

Associate
Well I will have these to choose from:

Ryse
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
COD:Ghosts
BF4
AC4
KI (When I download it)

Although I have so many games on the current gen I still need to play :p

Damn that sure seems like a whole catalogue of games and this gen has only launched LOL. Argh I completely forgot about Killer Instinct and everything I've seen so far regarding it makes it seem a very worthwhile purchase.

Associate
I thought it was all about next gen graphics? and consoles catching up with mid-high end pc's for the most part but they seem miles away if forza5 is anything to go by.

lets face it the majority of pc games graphics have been stagnating for years and most of us were happy about the new consoles expected them to bring on the push for higher res textures , lighting effects , shadows etc but it appears it won't be the push we were expecting

i got 60 solid in time trial and around 30-40 with over 12 cars , 60 odd cars dropped me down to the low 20's but that might have been mainly because I was using an amd x6 1055t @ stock back when I still had a toolpack to it
94PvO.gif

Associate
As my wife put it last night, you sit at a PC all day at work and come home and sit at a PC for half the night.

Shes going to love having a new console almost as much as me, and things like Xbox Fitness and some other games just don't exist on a PC.

Mix it up a bit and its not all about poly counts texture sizes.

Yep, the whole family here is raving about XBOX Fitness...I might have to buy another one just so I can get some me time.

Caporegime
I'm watching the Polygon live steam. I'm surprised there's little comment about it in this thread.

So far, the Kinect voice commands look to be a total failure. Very inconsistent and one of the hosts said 'this is my entire experience' with that "feature".

Of course, this could be resolved in the future with patches, but not good impression given the attention Microsoft have given to this feature.

have you seen the ps4 video of the guy speaking english and it's not recognising him but he puts on a comedy japanese accent and it works perfectly ? lol..

voice commands are always going to be crap and a novelty anyway

Soldato
Damn that sure seems like a whole catalogue of games and this gen has only launched LOL. Argh I completely forgot about Killer Instinct and everything I've seen so far regarding it makes it seem a very worthwhile purchase.

I thought killer instinct was a free title for the x1?

Soldato

If by "Us" you mean the PC master race then don't worry it will but it will take time, since Crysis 1 nobody has jumped out that far ahead of the curve and that came out at the same time as the 360 (I know I had both).

The extra system ram in the consoles is what will really push "innovation" on consoles cause it frees the developers hands from that serious restriction.

Associate
have you seen the ps4 video of the guy speaking english and it's not recognising him but he puts on a comedy japanese accent and it works perfectly ? lol..

voice commands are always going to be crap and a novelty anyway

I wasn't aware PS4 had commands till you have just stated that. Shows how much Sony value the voice feature. Kinect has been a major selling of the Xbox One. The performance in the Polygon stream of the voice commands is unacceptable for a console at the specified price and for the attention Microsoft have given it in terms of O/S integration and marketing.

It be fine if it worked and can view many uses for it, but it's just not functional.

Back
Top Bottom