New NUC, HD5000, 4x USB 3.0, infrared sensor

Associate
Cancelled after they conceded that their distributor had given them incorrect stock information.

I know I said I'd wait until next week, but I've gone in for a third attempt from somewhere else.

It was around £10 more than the other places, but I decided to go for it anyway.

The wifi card arrived yesterday and the SSD is due to arrive today so hopefully third time lucky on the NUC unit itself to arrive tomorrow!

I was really hoping OCUK would get stock in of the new units to avoid all this hassle ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone sent customer service a message on these? I want a few of these bad boys! Feel for you Omar, nothing worse than having bits feeling sorry for themselves because they can't go in a build!

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Cancelled after they conceded that their distributor had given them incorrect stock information.

I know I said I'd wait until next week, but I've gone in for a third attempt from somewhere else.

It was around £10 more than the other places, but I decided to go for it anyway.

The wifi card arrived yesterday and the SSD is due to arrive today so hopefully third time lucky on the NUC unit itself to arrive tomorrow!

I was really hoping OCUK would get stock in of the new units to avoid all this hassle ;)
There's probably only one distributor for the whole of the UK...

Associate
Ordered one Tuesday from a company that rhymes with Cabs and was due to arrive yesterday. Of course it didn't turn up so I was like a disappointed kid at xmas. As above they have blamed it on stock system. Awaiting a reply on time scales etc.

Annoyed to say the least, such a shame OC didn't have them.

Associate
Yup, it has been really difficult to find actual stock.

I'll find out this evening whether my third attempt was successful and if I've been sent the correct item.

Unfortunately I discovered last night that my 2x 8GB DDR3 SODIMMs are 1.5v not 1.35v... so I had to order some replacement RAM, went for some Crucial DDR3L sticks (2x 8GB again) and will sell the other stuff as I can't return it (had it for a few months).

Associate
Yup, it has been really difficult to find actual stock.

I'll find out this evening whether my third attempt was successful and if I've been sent the correct item.

Unfortunately I discovered last night that my 2x 8GB DDR3 SODIMMs are 1.5v not 1.35v... so I had to order some replacement RAM, went for some Crucial DDR3L sticks (2x 8GB again) and will sell the other stuff as I can't return it (had it for a few months).

I didn't even check RAM voltage until you just said Omar, luckily I order Corsair CMSX8GX3M2A1600C9 and just seen that its 1.5V. Where did you get the new nuc from was it a Silent computer site ?

update from Cabs.... No date on new stock even though website says couple of says. Even more frustrated.

Associate
Where did you get the new nuc from was it a Silent computer site ?

Yup

Just to be clear, the NUC *only* supports 1.35v DDR3 SODIMM modules (aka DDR3L), it doesn't support 1.5v. This is from the Intel website and memory compatibility page.

Most of the Kingston and Corsair kits I saw last night were 1.5v, although some of the "Value" range kits were 1.35v. I ended up going with the top end CL9 Crucial Ballistix kit that is advertised as 1.35v.

Associate
Finally! Third time was a charm, it's definitely the D54250WYK that I have now received.

The new 1.35v RAM modules got dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. I might give a single 8GB 1.5v module a try tonight anyway...just in case, but I'm not expecting it to work.

Associate
I installed the wifi card and msata SSD tonight but decided against trying the 1.5v RAM module as the slots have stickers on them saying 1.35v DDR3L so as much as it pains me, I'll wait until tomorrow night and hope that the new RAM arrives.

Associate
I did see on another website where some one was trying to overclock the nuc that they installed 1.5v Ram and it didn't boot apparently, so might as well wait. Just waiting for more stock to turn up then I will order. So annoying.

Associate
Special Delivery tracking number is still not recognised on the Royal Mail site for the RAM delivery so I think there's a chance it won't arrive today, more likely tomorrow or Monday :(

Associate
In the meantime, here was a pic from last night:

2u42ee8.jpg

Associate
IMG_20131122_132321Large.jpg

Received new ram this morning. Found another site to order it from thought so have ordered the Nuc from there.

It totally unrelated new I received a Google chrome cast this morning which cheered me up :)

IMG_20131122_132837Medium.jpg

Associate
Tracking now says that the RAM has been delivered so with any luck I might actually be able to get the NUC up and running tonight! I'm planning to put Windows 8.1 Pro and XBMC on it and then try to figure out how to get MadVR working.

Associate
I am watching this thread avidly have wanted one of these for ages so I can ditch my noisy revo finally. Def want fanless though

Back
Top Bottom