LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a flood light for my garden please preferably with a movement sensor, around the 300-500w equivalent.

Finally fot around to ordering some 4w gu10 cool whites from LEDhut for the kitchen and some e14 (i think) for the cooker hood. Very impressed with the colour and clarity of the light. And once I explained the money saving to the Mrs she was impressed too.

Soldato
There a couple of threads on here for LED floodlights.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18451093&highlight=led+floodlight

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18543712&highlight=led+floodlight

A 30w LED floodlight is roughly equivalent to a 300w halogen floodlight, & 50w LED floodlight (500w Halogen)

You will find most are available in warm white or cool white.

I will be fitting some led floodlights here to replace a 500w halogen one on the hardstanding, decided on two 20w or 30w led floodlights, can cover the wider area better, than one 50w led.
A 50w led floodlight mounted at 3mtrs should cover a area about 10.5 x 5.5 metres, if my maths is correct.

Last edited:
Associate
I have replace a number of GU10 / MR16 and small / large bayonet and screw candle / normal fittings using the Lumilife range (cool and Warm) from LED Hut - very pleased with them. Very impressed with the amount of light produced from the GU10 / MR 16 - speedy service no faults.

The majority of downstairs is now done hopefully over the next year or so they will pay for themselves. Went via Quidco and in total got an average 40% off / back.

Soldato
My first order of LEDs arrived last week, a set of 5W GU10 NxtGen series 3 warm whites from SimplyLED. We put them in my sons bedroom who has a 3 bulb light and was immediately surprised how much brighter they were than the 50w Halogens they were replacing. They are also a lot more 'white' than I was expecting for a 'warm white' bulb.

Are all LEDs much whiter than the warmth a halogen gives? I'm not sure the wife is too convinced :(

I have now ordered a set of their cheaper 2.8W 'warm white' bulbs hoping they will be more suitable for the bedroom...
Well the 2.8W warm whites arrived and whilst the are less bright they still feel to white compared to the halogens and my wife can't stand them :( According to SimplyLEDs website they have a temperature rating of 3000. Can you get warm whites that are much lower than this? Any recommendations?

Permabanned
Well the 2.8W warm whites arrived and whilst the are less bright they still feel to white compared to the halogens and my wife can't stand them :( According to SimplyLEDs website they have a temperature rating of 3000. Can you get warm whites that are much lower than this? Any recommendations?

the 5w ones I got from ledhut are a good colour match for halogen, however they are £14 a pop and as above I have 3 out of 8 faulty that I need to return:(

Soldato
Warm White is 2700K-3000K.

See this link: http://www.bltdirect.com/lampColourTemperatures.php

What room are you lighting?
Thanks, I did see your link before. The room we are lighting is a kids bedroom with a 3 way GU10 light.

the 5w ones I got from ledhut are a good colour match for halogen, however they are £14 a pop and as above I have 3 out of 8 faulty that I need to return:(
Do you know what temperature rating they are? They don't seem to say on their website?

Soldato
Well,

There has been a huge wait, but my huge 'turn the whole house LED' LEDHut order has arrived.

Mixed opinions.

The 7w e27 and B22 bulbs I have got are brilliant. Superb light quality and output. Better than every bulb they replaced. Hugely impressed.

However.

The GU10's I fitting in the kitchen have been a huge disappointment. The colour choice was cool white, as per their suggestion on the website. My kitchen now looks more like a morgue than a kitchen.

One of the GU10's keeps flickering off an on (annoying) and the lighting actually makes me feel a little disorientated/sick. Really disappointed.

I'm just curious where I stand for being able to swap them. I'm happy to pay postage back to them, and I'm definitely wanting some replacements off them. Thoughts?

Soldato
I am about to order some GU10 led's for the kitchen, going to try mixing warm white & cool white,.
Decided on cool white for worktops & warm white from the edge of the cabinets to centre of room or the entre length of the kitchen.
Based on using 60 degree lamp, there will be a bit of merging of light, interested to see the results, but it might end up a total disaster.

Return the flickering one, had a one like that in my last order, was sent a replacement, Led Hut offers 30-day hassle-free returns.

Last edited:
Associate
Well,
I'm just curious where I stand for being able to swap them. I'm happy to pay postage back to them, and I'm definitely wanting some replacements off them. Thoughts?

LEDhut have a "30 day hassle free returns" policy.

So you should be able to exchange the cool whites for warms whites?

Associate
Just finished my install, 3 systems fully individual colour control through a wall plate controller. Also WIFI and blue tooth, can be individual control or all sync'd control.

Well pleased :D

2uo44ly.jpg

Back
Top Bottom