**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Caporegime
The Xbox One is set globally at 60hz, that's games, tv, Netflix, Skype, everything. Problem is outside the US everything, including Sky, UK Netflix, Virgin, PAL DVD playback, is set to 50hz so the One is doubling up frames here and there hence the juddering which is most noticeable on panning shots and fast moving sports.

Lots of people are starting to make a fuss, i.e. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-50hz-201311233468.htm

I don't know what they can do. They can maybe add a 50hz mode for full screen tv but it would mean anything that overlaid would possibly need a recode and switching would add a seconds black screen as the refresh changed.

What they really need to do is what they ended up doing with the 360 is letting the whole thing run at the native 50hz, but with all the apps and games set to 60hz I don't know how feasible this is. It's all a bit of a mess.
Surprised this was missed - its not like PAL/NTSC hasnt existed for decades...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Do we have any new if the Game bundles are actually in stock?

Thing is I pre-ordered with SHopTo, but ordered the games at the same time, so if Game are only doing bundles it would be a bit of a fuss selling on the extra games.

Soldato
Question about the game capturing, maybe I was expecting too much or perhaps I have missed a setting somewhere but is anybody a bit underwhelmed by the capture quality? I have captured a few clips on Ghosts just to test it and it seems like SD quality, I haven't looked at them on Sky Drive yet but on the XB1 itself they look average.

Associate
Do we have any new if the Game bundles are actually in stock?

Thing is I pre-ordered with SHopTo, but ordered the games at the same time, so if Game are only doing bundles it would be a bit of a fuss selling on the extra games.

It seems they might be however, they have posted this on their contact page

"We are curently experiencing a very high volume of contacts. If your query is about your PS4 or Xbox One order, your console is reserved for you and we will call you soon."

so who knows? My order from this morning is still pending

Soldato
The Xbox One is set globally at 60hz, that's games, tv, Netflix, Skype, everything. Problem is outside the US everything, including Sky, UK Netflix, Virgin, PAL DVD playback, is set to 50hz so the One is doubling up frames here and there hence the juddering which is most noticeable on panning shots and fast moving sports.

Lots of people are starting to make a fuss, i.e. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-50hz-201311233468.htm

I don't know what they can do. They can maybe add a 50hz mode for full screen tv but it would mean anything that overlaid would possibly need a recode and switching would add a seconds black screen as the refresh changed.

What they really need to do is what they ended up doing with the 360 is letting the whole thing run at the native 50hz, but with all the apps and games set to 60hz I don't know how feasible this is. It's all a bit of a mess.

That explains the stuttering I had whilst watching the footy last night then. Argh :(

Associate
Anyone else removed their Kinect and shot it back in the box?

I'm failing to see the attraction despite the initial novelty of the voice commands, it's not worth cluttering my living room with. Annoying I now have a permanent notification on dashboard saying it's unplugged, you'd think there would be a way to disable Kinect completely.

I can fully understand Microsoft, its a similar move they did as being the first console manufacturer to include a headset with every console, which really prompted a lot of folk to embrace it. Clearly they also want the same for Kinect, but the only game I have so far is BF4 where the head tracking again is just novelty and easier to use the left analogue stick when in a vehicle.

...or am I being resistant to change :D

Associate
I quite like the voice controls, makes getting around the console a lot faster.

I have no problem with it being sat in front of my TV for now, it will soon just become part of the furniture.

Associate
You can still refuse the delivery there is hope... :D

The two friends I game online with the most already have Xbones, I gave in to peer pressure. :(

Just to confirm, that was one of the console bundles from game, and displayed as 'New' opposed to 'Pre-order' ?

And is it next day delivery?

Cheers

Correct, it was listed as express delivery, which given it was dispatched so quickly this morning will hopefully mean next day delivery.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
It seems they might be however, they have posted this on their contact page

"We are curently experiencing a very high volume of contacts. If your query is about your PS4 or Xbox One order, your console is reserved for you and we will call you soon."

so who knows? My order from this morning is still pending

Mr Roper have you had your email confirmation for delivery from Game? I haven't.

Back
Top Bottom