Gigabyte P35K Questions - any owners please read!

Associate
I've 95% decided on this laptop and I have a couple of questions if any owners can help:

1. The CF2 version comes equipped with 8Gb RAM. I am going to use the machine for video encoding. I understand upgrading to 16Gb would therefore be worthwhile. Does the laptop come with a single 8Gb stick of RAM or two 4Gb sticks? It would be easiest obviously to just buy an additional 8Gb stick. If so - what speed rating is the RAM. Do OCUK stock an appropriate type of RAM I can buy together with the laptop?

2. If I wanted to invest in a Blu Ray burner for the front slot, can you point me in the right direction to a model that will fit in this bay?

3. What are your experiences of the laptop so far? Have you done much gaming on it? How are the temperatures and battery life?

4. Finally - what about the flexing issue? Has anyone else had any issues with this or the matter finally resolved?

Thanks so much guys!

Associate
Hi there! I have my P35K Gamer for a while now and no problem at all.

1. It comes with a single 8GB RAM (DDR3L 1600)

2. The BluRay Writer used is 9.5mm which is not commonly seen in a laptop. Probably go for P35K Extreme version.

3. Played LOL and Dota2, have not tried hardcore games yet but with i7 and GTX765 graphics, it shouldn't be too hard. Temperature quite warm when on heavy loading but manageable. Always plugged in so don't know about battery life yet.

4. I have my Rev2.0 and no flexing issue :D

Hope this helps!

Associate
OP
Yea that's very helpful. Thank you very much indeed!

I saw a couple of your other posts - you seem happy with it right?! Overall, the build quality is good? If I'm going to spend over a grand on it I wanna make sure it's the right one for me haha :D

Associate
I had mine for a week now, first one had the bending issue, now it is perfect, quality build is ok is not a mac or a sony vaio but is ok enough. I would recomend you this laptop, the only problem it is a noisy laptop under heavy load, other than than is perfect for me.
I have played BF4 with no problems at all 40-55 fps

Associate
OP
BF4 on such a thin machine is rather impressive!

When you got it, did you update all the drivers using the gigabyte website or did you go to the component manufacturer websites themselves? Another owner on another forum said that he had had crashing issues with BF4 and I'm thinking it could have been a driver issue.

Associate
Ive ordered one and it should be delivered today. Will let you know what I think.

Ive also read about the BF4 issue, but read it was fixed by updating the NVidia drivers to the latest ones.

Back
Top Bottom