The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Nice :)

If Fuji did some longer glass I'd be tempted to move to an X-Pro1 or X-E2 setup.

They do some 200mm telephoto lenses but they're not exactly fast. For what i want to shoot it's great, only ever shoot 35mm and 50mm so it's perfect! Love every second of using it and the freebie lens deal that Fuji offer at the moment is stellar.

Last edited:
Associate
Invested in a 2nd body, picked up a boxed pristine 50d and grip from LCE. All of it looks like new, 3200 on the shutter, 6 month warranty, 2 batteries in the grip. Very pleased for £299 :)

Installed ML and raring to go!

1osh.jpg

Soldato
They do some 200mm telephoto lenses but they're not exactly fast. For what i want to shoot it's great, only ever shoot 35mm and 50mm so it's perfect! Love every second of using it and the freebie lens deal that Fuji offer at the moment is stellar.

They cover everything I shoot apart from airshows... I did think about trying alt glass with a mount adapter and MF, but need to look into it more.

Soldato
They cover everything I shoot apart from airshows... I did think about trying alt glass with a mount adapter and MF, but need to look into it more.

Even though I've only just received the X-Pro 1, I'm excited to see what they're going to do with the "X-Pro 2". I think that will be a very special camera as they've made an X-E1/2 and X100S since the Pro 1's release.

Soldato
I saw this in florence yesterday, looks lovely, never heard of the brand before.

XQwjp3y.jpg

Sirui T-025 carbon fibre.
That's essentially the same as my Triopo tripod I posted in this thread a while ago: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23755874&postcount=2700. It's been updated slightly since I bought mine though.

Both Sirui and Triopo are Chinese brands which use a similar design to Gitzo traveller tripods. Pretty sure they're manufactured in the same factory. The legs can fold back 180 degrees so the tripod collapses without the ball head protruding from the top to save space.

I love mine and paid a fraction of the cost of an equivalent Gitzo. The build quality is excellent and I struggle to think where the extra £500 odd for a Gitzo would go to improving the quality.

Customer service is also great, I asked for a shorter centre column and extra padding for the legs. This was posted quickly from China and I had to pay nothing at all!

Associate
A simple, obvious solution to having a strap I like (Joby sling) and a tripod plate. Still took two weeks to get hold of though! Came with a hand strap that I didn't really want, but I have to say it's very comfortable.

Soldato
I don't often (ever?) post in this thread but I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. After a week of wheeling and dealing I managed to sell my aging GF1, GH2 and original Panny 14-42 kit lens and replace them with a mint GX1 and brand new EM-5 with 12-50, for a net cost of only £95 :)

Obligatory crappy phone picture -

m0v9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom