Xbox one kinect sensor red lights.

Associate
Got mine up and running today but I see the 3 red ir lights on the front of the kinect constantly. Is this normal, it's distracting a lot of the time. This wasn't showed in any of the marketing material.

Anyone else getting the same? Is mine faulty?

jpm

jpm

Associate
I got them to and its normal, what I've read. They are used to 3D scan you and your room/environment. Tells the Kinect how far and where in 3D space you are.

I agree it distracting sometimes for me to.

Soldato
Yes i have the same, i thought they were IR lights, i assumed that they were looking for the controller which if you look at the front of it, also has small red lights. Apparently when you put it down it goes into power saving mode so i thought that might be how it knows and also used for the IR blasting feature.. must do the 3d scan thing too

Associate
The red lights I believe are infrared sensors. The Xbox can tell where each controller is that is connected to it and in front of the Kinect bar. It will split screen with the screens in the correct places no matter what number controller you are.

Also I would imagine they are also the blaster used to turn TV's and Receivers on and off and control volume and mute functions.

Back
Top Bottom