meraki ipad deployment

Soldato
Hi

we use meraki to deploy apps to our ipads, it wasnt setup by me but we have an issue where the ipad asks for our service itunes account password when it needs to update an app?

any ideas on how to allow the end user to update without prompting for the password?

thanks

Associate
I'm not at work at the moment, but under the restrictions, have you set it to always prompt for a password? We intentionally set this to stop hundreds of iPads downloading apps/updates at the same time and we force them to sync with the iMac.

Soldato
OP
Nope, from what I understand..

We want people to be able to download, update and purchase their own apps on the iPads. The current ways that we can do it is:

1, purchase the app on our vol license account, give them the redeem code an let them redeem I to their iTunes account, then the app belongs to them and we as a company looses out.

2, purchase the app on out vol license account an redeem it on our service iTunes account, we will still own the app but end user can't update any of the apps as they don't know the account password.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Caporegime
Are you sure that's still how iOS VPP works? It definitely use to, but since iOS 7:

http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/business/

The App Store Volume Purchase Programme now offers businesses the ability to assign apps to their users while keeping full ownership and control over app licenses. Companies purchase app licenses through the VPP website, and can use their MDM solution to assign apps to employees over the air. Employees can enrol with their personal Apple IDs without providing it to their company, and apps are placed in their purchase history for self-service download, or are installed automatically via MDM. Apps can be revoked at any time and reassigned to other employees. In addition to iOS apps, VPP now supports the purchase of Mac apps and even books, so users can be provided all the tools they need to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom