The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Associate
Is there realy really uber simple basic graphics / texture enhancing mod? I just bought Skyrim in the Steam sale but can't be arsed with faffing around and using mod managers etc.

Caporegime
OP
Is there realy really uber simple basic graphics / texture enhancing mod? I just bought Skyrim in the Steam sale but can't be arsed with faffing around and using mod managers etc.
I have then made a combined file with 60 texture mods all in one package which i have hosted below.

The file is split into 7 rar files and will need to be extracted and then put back into a single rar file and then added to nexus mod manager.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=29821...AKHPauk5lZZpeE

Associate

If you dont want to mess around just use the Skyrim High Resolution pack (its free), in steam right click skyrim, goto properties, then click on dlc and download it, make sure they are ticked in Launcher Data files and your good to go :)

Associate
If you dont want to mess around just use the Skyrim High Resolution pack (its free), in steam right click skyrim, goto properties, then click on dlc and download it, make sure they are ticked in Launcher Data files and your good to go :)

Thanks :) Do you know if it's possible / easy to revert to vanilla?

Soldato
Thanks :) Do you know if it's possible / easy to revert to vanilla?

Just delete HighResolutionTexturePack.bsa or something out of your Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/data/ folder, there should be two of them, around 1GB each I believe.

Honestly though mate, you're better off with http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/607/?, LITE is the same resolution as the Bethesda HD pack which looks no different to vanilla IMO, 2k on the other hand are all redesigned from the ground up to make Skyrim look like a proper PC title.

Caporegime
OP
I used to get an annoying stutter in Skyrim even with plenty of resources available, used to be on turning or loading new areas while walking outside. Got on my nerves

Associate
Just delete HighResolutionTexturePack.bsa or something out of your Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/data/ folder, there should be two of them, around 1GB each I believe.

Honestly though mate, you're better off with http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/607/?, LITE is the same resolution as the Bethesda HD pack which looks no different to vanilla IMO, 2k on the other hand are all redesigned from the ground up to make Skyrim look like a proper PC title.

Cheers, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for :)

Associate
Can someone help me with W.A.T.E.R.? I have extracted the whole download into my data folder. Now according to the readme, I should only select 'one option from 10-17' - is that literally just one folder or if I wanted say, hi-res, do I need ALL of the hi-res folders extracted? I'm confused.
If it is literally just one folder then why are there no separate screen shots for each one? How would I choose?

Soldato
Crash crash crash.

That's all I seem to be getting with only a few mods installed. Can anyone see any issue with the following mods?:

HUWM7n6.jpg

Will Climates Of Tamriel clash with the two SoS mods?

Also, everytime I die, the game is asking me whether I want to enable each individual sound again. Is there anyway to stop it asking me every time?

PC gaming has really been testing my patience over the last month or so. Must resist the urge to go next-gen console! :p

Associate
Can someone help me with W.A.T.E.R.? I have extracted the whole download into my data folder. Now according to the readme, I should only select 'one option from 10-17' - is that literally just one folder or if I wanted say, hi-res, do I need ALL of the hi-res folders extracted? I'm confused.
If it is literally just one folder then why are there no separate screen shots for each one? How would I choose?

why don't you just use the nexus mod manager to instal mods?

Associate
Well this was on the webpage for it - I thought it was for manual install only? There is no download with NMM button...

INSTALLATION

Install - for manual installations only:

Please see included "Read Me" file.

:confused:

When you click the manual downloads link another page opens with all the different versions on.. each of those versions has a NMM link :)

Soldato
so what's the benefits of using mod organizer then ?

Follow the link and have a look at the description.

Main feature:
What mod isolation means is that each mod is installed into its own directory outside the actual data directory.
Through some magic MO then shows the game (and any other 3rd party tool that works on the data directory) a "virtual"
data directory that is a merger of the actual data directory and all the mod directories.
This way no file ever get overwritten when you install a mod and your data directory can remain in a vanilla state.
You can simply change the "installation order" of mods from the gui and deinstall or temporarily deactivate one
without breaking other mods.

Apart from that has all the usual features that NMM has (more tbh - check through the file page), but I find it to be more stable. NMM had issues when downloading large files for me, among other things.
The STEP project has a guide on it, if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom