The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Few shots from around where I love. The two river shots are HDR but only two shots merged to get a bit more DR. They were quite orange to begin with because of lights and light pollution into the sky etc so I just decided to increase it rather than balance it out to end up with something that reminds me a bit of a sepia tone.

The other shot is just a quicky from a new pedestrian bridge they've put across the river now. The handrails have these little LED lights in them which is pretty cool :)

Down River by Phal44, on Flickr

By The Water by Phal44, on Flickr

Bridge Lights by Phal44, on Flickr

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Very quick few from a wedding yesterday.

_MG_0233.jpg

_MG_9525.jpg

_MG_9547.jpg

Had a 35L and an 85 1.8 in the bag (both borrowed) and it's making the Sigma 35mm/85mm combo very tempting....

Soldato
So it's not just me even as an amateur that sees a shot and is like "Dammit, need to get my camera"... I've started carrying it everywhere with me now...

mrk that last photo, you got very lucky with the lighting there... Shame it's a little harsh

Last edited:
Associate
@Sh4rkie Very nice ;)

@vail3r I like it, very sharp, nice not distracting background and I like the composition. Although I think I see a little bit of something that looks like chromatic aberration.

Is that round the butterfly? I checked the box in lightroom to remove chromatic aberration but it didn't do anything :(

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Does this look much better? dragged the purple saturation slider down to get rid of the purple tint...

Hard to tell as I'm using a laptop and the screen doesn't seem to be the best!
Its better not completely gone though I see a little bit of green and now there's a shadow. I'd perhaps wait until you're on a PC if that's possible :)

e; Also, I think some of the white has burnt out on the body of the bird. You're probably best asking one of the more experienced guys though if you really want it critiqued.

Last edited:
Soldato
In Lightroom -> Lens Corrections tick 'Remove Chromatic Aberration'. Then under Defringe, where it says 'Amount', Bump up the slider until the purple fringe is removed. That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom