The iPad Air Accessories Thread

Associate
My SAMAR flip case arrived today, ordered from the rain forest co. I wasn't expecting much for £3.99 but it's brilliant ! I like it so much I've ordered another in white and one for my old mum.

I'll post some pics after the hangover tomorrow :/

Last edited:
Associate
My SAMAR flip case arrived today, ordered from the rain forest co. I wasn't expecting much for £3.99 but it's brilliant ! I like it so much I've ordered another in white and one for my old mum.

I'll post some pics after the hangover tomorrow :/
Can you post some pics of the hinge area?

I want to see if it's fabric lined or metal which will potentially damage the iPad like the old style smart cover.

Man of Honour
Argos finally got the smart cases in stock today, the last day my vouchers were valid for. Phew :D

Going to go for red, I reckon that would look quite good with a space grey

Associate
I'm buying an iPad Air soon. Been looking online for a nice smart leather case, but not seen any I like. Any recommendations that I may possibly have missed?

Associate
Be careful with third party adaptors at the moment, mine wont even charge from the 2amp charger that came with my Galaxy S4. It seems like its very picky!

I suspect the S4 charger does charge, but because it is only charging at 10W (and not the 12W the iPad Air charger needs), the iPad thinks it is not charging as it is not getting enough juice.. Much the same as my iPad2 wont report as being charging with my iPhone charger as the iPhone charger is only 5W.

But you are right, it needs a 2amp charger.

Associate
Personally I think 3rd party chargers are not worth the risk if they damage the iPad.

Granted I guess the likes of Belkin are fine but the Apple 12w charger is £20 from Tesco at the moment

Associate
I'm not a fan of those Apple covers that just cover the screen. Rather have something that surrounds the ipad. I've seen some nice complete leather cases for around the price of an Apple case!

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the first time I'm going like this actually. With my iPad 1 I used one of the fake leather type cases and my iPad 3 I had the Skinny by STM which I liked, it didn't add much bulk and reasonable protection.

In reality though I rarely take my iPad out of the house, if I do it's in the office. Considering the weight and thickness is significantly thinner/lighter than my old one I want to keep it this way.

So the cover just allows me to put the iPad face down and its scratch-proof and the same with the back, means I know it won't get scratched and makes it look a lot different (hate it or love it :p).

Associate
My Invision case arrived this morning, first thoughts are that it looks really well made and should fit together really nicely when I get home and wrap it around my iPad.

Soldato
My Invision case arrived this morning, first thoughts are that it looks really well made and should fit together really nicely when I get home and wrap it around my iPad.

Ohhhhh hope mines there when I get home tomorrow. Let us know how it is

Back
Top Bottom