Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Underboss
I hear we get a free "gift" from DICE on the 5th at the end of the Double Xp event. Anyone know what that is? Also a Double XP weekend for Premium starting on the 7th.

Can feel my mouse getting killed this week!

Josh

Associate
I hear we get a free "gift" from DICE on the 5th at the end of the Double Xp event. Anyone know what that is? Also a Double XP weekend for Premium starting on the 7th.

Can feel my mouse getting killed this week!

Josh

Probably a free battlepack or another double XP week. Seeing as they're so generous like that, although I'd rather them fix the game over some stupid gift.

Caporegime
I was with you until you got to that bit..

it is king ! there is no debating it. by king i mean the top dog sales wise. sales is what governs happens to the game. by diluting it down getting it done fast they get more sales. this is why EA are diluting bf down so your mum can play it or gran . the more that can play the more sales. the thing is they cant get the reg the bugs right on launch or as good gameplay simplified as call of duty so cod wins !

from a gamers view they are both not great. now.

Soldato
The upcoming PC game update will launch December 3, to coincide with the launch of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 China Rising for Premium members on all platforms.

The game update will start to roll out at 1AM PST/10AM UTC Dec 3, followed by the actual China Rising content around 2AM PST/11AM UTC. You can expect some downtime around these times as servers are being prepared to support this new content.

The change list for this PC game update is the same as previously announced (see below.)

As ususal, we will continue to iterate on stability and tweak the game based on your feedback. Stay tuned.

Dec 3 PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience

Can't wait. :rolleyes:

They'll fix something and in turn they'll break something.

Associate
it is king ! there is no debating it. by king i mean the top dog sales wise. sales is what governs happens to the game. by diluting it down getting it done fast they get more sales. this is why EA are diluting bf down so your mum can play it or gran . the more that can play the more sales. the thing is they cant get the reg the bugs right on launch or as good gameplay simplified as call of duty so cod wins !

from a gamers view they are both not great. now.

Battlefield has never been as good for me since Bad Company 2, COD is awful, and has been since Modern Warfare (last one I actually enjoyed). They got so much hype from MW, that they just decided to follow that blueprint and just update the maps and weapons, they did sod all to gameplay which is just poor. AFAIK with Battlefield, they hadn't actually done Battlefield in a while, they'd been doing Bad Company which is a different game. B3 I actually enjoyed, well the online, storyline was weak IMO. B4 is a good game that needs tweaking to make it better. Gameplay is Battlefield all day long, COD doesn't come close.

All of this of course is my opinion, you and many others may disagree, but that's your prerogative.

Soldato
Can't wait. :rolleyes:

They'll fix something and in turn they'll break something.

that's battlefield/EA from back in the bf2 days, they think it adds to the gamplay, finding out the new bugs :D

Fortunately it's started working again so not all bad!

I've had a fair few of those tonight, had to call it quits, that combined with my awfulness was too much for me haha.

Didn't realise that was you!

it was indeed :D

i've given up worrying about how **** i am at this game, few rounds with nexus when he goes 44-6 etc with his supressed m249 and i figure i ain't ever gonna get to that level so just have a laugh, with the odd shout at me self for being a retard and making the same mistakes over and over again to get me killed :(.

Last edited:
Underboss
Hope the new maps add something different. There are no standout maps likes BF3.

New pistol scope, is that it. Joy, I'll stick with my M9 vanilla thanks.

Soldato
Hope the new maps add something different. There are no standout maps likes BF3.

same here, i've always had 2-3 maps that i didn't mind playing on the various battelfields, but theres not 1 on bf4 that really holds any interest.

the likes of golmud, transmission etc just are open spawn rape from the armour/helis/jets.

doesn't help that there seem to be so many idiots playing the game :(, if you want to camp fine camp to your hearts delight but ******* spot like your on speed ffs :mad: :mad:

I'd be disappointed if they didn't. :p

are you sure you didn't mean shocked you sicko :D

Back
Top Bottom