Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
Maps are better overall imo

More cover from aircraft
all have a different feel/look to them (got sick of the warehouse/oil refinery environment in bf 3)
the small levolution events are pretty nice, big ones are meh
colour! no stupid blue depressing filter

Most of them have too many vehicles though. Thankfully I am loving tank gameplay though........

Apart from possibly two china rising maps, the map pack looks pretty crap :(

Think I might just buy premium, will probably buy it at some point so might as well take advantage of the early access etc. now.

How much is it via Mexican origin store?

i've given up worrying about how **** i am at this game, few rounds with nexus when he goes 44-6 etc with his supressed m249 and i figure i ain't ever gonna get to that level so just have a laugh, with the odd shout at me self for being a retard and making the same mistakes over and over again to get me killed :(.

You are a good player! When we play, we're always at the top of the scoreboard with lots of points :D

I wouldn't worry too much about k/d in this game.

This game is SO ****** broken (from Mordor HQ)

Anyone using defensive field upgrade (you know the one that is meant to reduce damage to your chest area?) take it off it currently applies a x4 damage to that part of your body. Are you running with defensive upgrade and dieing quickly, this is more than likely because each bullet that is hitting you in the chest is doing x4 Damage!

snip

Someone needs to test on rifles though obviously but I imagine its the same!

On the topic of squad perks, I hate this system, bf 3 was far better :(

Also, bloody hell Nexus, you were like rank 78 last time i looked! :eek:

:D

Game too easy now with this double xp event + boosts (used 2x200 xp last night and went from like 102-108 in about 3 rounds)

got 5 or 6 left now I think and tons of 100 + 50 + 25 xp boosts so should be **** bucket rank tonight!

Good tips on how to get loads of points:

hes busy boat + tank + m249 whoring whilst capping/defending flags :p ;) easiest way of killing :) . hopefully they nerf them soon as they are the most over powered thing in the game at the moment.

hehe :D Fixed :p

That is the first good round I have had with the boat in quite a while (in fact probably my best round with the boat), been getting raped by jets + loads of engi's with MBT laws (and usually enemy team have gunship) in the last few weeks :(

Attack boats really need to stick together now to survive for a long time.

Think the reason I did well with regards to kills was because you came on with your slams so had to be more careful! :p

attack boats are still op and probably hardest to get with them .

the guys in the heli was me also nexus :p was putting slams on the nose and trying to fly into you :D

Attack boats are fine overall, only the 30mm cannon is OP, although I think it has been nerfed a wee bit as splash damage doesn't seem as high as it was in the first few weeks.

Jets, gunship and a group of engi's can take a boat out with ease.

I am avoiding the middle area now as lots of people are placing slams under the bridges and with this game, spotting doesn't always show slams + c4 :(

Lol yeah I seen you trying to do that! :D Was rather amusing to watch as it looked like you had jets + scout helis and a ton of missiles after you and all you see is this heli going all over the place lol

So many people were trying to get the boats by using the slams, one guy went around the entire map and was hiding in the big waves near the edge of the map, he got spotted and I surprised him with some butt sex :D :p

Some awesome games last night and finally got C4 on support, decided to celebrate by getting revenge on some vehicles which kept killing me. C4 on jeeps is just as much fun as it used to be :D

haha that was awesome just sitting back and watching you work away with the c4 :D

Giggled like a little school girl when you drove past me with a jihad jeep towards two LAV's and took both of them out :D (on hainan resort)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had no idea that the repair tool damages hostile vehicles til I read about the defense upgrade bugs and happened to see the description on another field upgrade that gives a bonus to it :|

Caporegime
cheers, but my aim is pap, and 1-1's are a loss unless the other guy has 1% health lol.

still have problems when i don't tap fire n try to pray and spray :o, air turns blue when i die :rolleyes:

The aiming system in this game is different from bf 3 etc. with regards to going from hip fire to ADS, xfactor explains it best

http://youtu.be/G_wTy1LlkrU?t=4m49s

I would recommend the ergo or stubby grip for pretty much every gun, personally using ergo (+laser sight) on every gun now for better hip fire + less bullet spread etc. when moving.

Best guns imo are:

ak 5c (very easy to control)
ace 21 + 52 (21 just edges it though)
ace 23
m249

My accuracy has gone down overall since using the M249 :D

Soldato
The aiming system in this game is different from bf 3 etc. with regards to going from hip fire to ADS, xfactor explains it best

I would recommend the ergo or stubby grip for pretty much every gun, personally using ergo (+laser sight) on every gun now for better hip fire + less bullet spread etc. when moving.

Best guns imo are:

ace 23
m249

yeah watched a few different videos, i'm poor at controlling recoil which doesn't help, only one of those 4 i use fairly regularly is the ak5c the others i'm hit and miss with depending on how i'm playing :).

also, add to that i often fail to see players then they kill me :(.

I just added GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60 to user.cfg but I am getting 30-50fps, without it I'm getting 90+? Why isn't it working?

did you add it into the right folder ?, and was that the only entry you put in it.

Last edited:
Soldato

Best guns imo are:

ace 23
m249

Couple of points from our testing at Symthic so believe me when I say this, people far more clevererererer than me do all the hard work, I am just there as a test dummy.

Anyway. Ergo and Angled Grip are the way to go unless you are doing bursts of 9 bullets or over. If you are doing that, well frankly STOP! The stubby does essentially F all.

Using a brute force real world statistical method Sym has determined the best guns are ACE23, AEK, Scar-H, ACE 52 and ACE21. The best combo is actually AEK + HB and Ergo but good luck trying to control that.

I'd always recommend

ACE23 + Laser + Supp / HB / Naked + Ergo
Scar-H + Laser + HB + Ergo
AEK + Laser + Supp / Comp + Angled
ACE21 + Laser + Sup + Ergo

edit mp260767 what mouse DPI and in game sens do you use? Low sens really improves aiming.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd always recommend

Scar-H + Laser + HB + Ergo
AEK + Laser + Supp / Comp + Angled

edit mp260767 what mouse DPI and in game sens do you use? Low sens really improves aiming.

cheers for those, AEK is just NO as far as i'm concerned, i'm as bad with that as the FAMAS lol.

dpi is set to 450 and mouse sensitivity is 17% ish (between 16-18 iirc).

Caporegime
yeah watched a few different videos, i'm poor at controlling recoil which doesn't help, only one of those 4 i use fairly regularly is the ak5c the others i'm hit and miss with depending on how i'm playing :).

also, add to that i often fail to see players then they kill me :(.

You will eventually get use to it, just fire 4 bullet bursts whilst pulling down in the opposite direction of the recoil.

Will come with time and practice.

And yup, this game favours the slow players/campers more especially on maps like flood zone.

Always check the mini map and don't just look for red triangles but also where your dead team mates are.

Map knowledge/situation awareness is probably the most important factor to win/do well.

What graphic settings are you using?

Couple of points from our testing at Symthic so believe me when I say this, people far more clevererererer than me do all the hard work, I am just there as a test dummy.

Anyway. Ergo and Angled Grip are the way to go unless you are doing bursts of 9 bullets or over. If you are doing that, well frankly STOP! The stubby does essentially F all.

Using a brute force real world statistical method Sym has determined the best guns are ACE23, AEK, Scar-H, ACE 52 and ACE21. The best combo is actually AEK + HB and Ergo but good luck trying to control that.

I'd always recommend

Scar-H + Laser + HB + Vertical
AEK + Laser + Supp / Comp + Vertical

Yeah stubby is only good when firing more than 7 or so bullets i.e. just holding the trigger down, sometimes I "forget" to burst fire, get overwhelmed with all the enemies so can't think! :D

Personally not a fan of the scar, too slow for my liking + not much ammo.

AEK is a beast but only good for close quarter maps like operation cluster **** and flood zone imo. Haven't tried that aek combo, might try it later.....

I haven't used heavy barrel at all in this game, found it to be pretty crap, makes a change from bf 3 though as everyone used HB + foregrip on EVERY gun! :D :p

I use kobra, suppressor (not showing on the MM and not having the enemy hear my position is too much of an advantage!), ergo, laser sight for every gun now (except I use holo for m249, don't know what it is but I just seem to do better with that sight on that gun :confused:)

I am 49 in the world for ace 21 kills! Was 41 but started playing as support and using m249 more often now :p :D

Caporegime
Since unlocking the Mtar I very rarely use anything else, in close quarters one on one it's devastating, not bad a medium distances too if used in burst. Only let down is long reloads.

Unlocked that the other day, will have to try it out, looks like it will be epic for OP locker!

I am finding all the PDW's to be complete and utter **** so far though, no reason to use any of them over a good carbine imo :(

Soldato
HB is only really useful for longer ranges or guns with larger than average horizontal spread ie The Scar. I mainly run Supp as Nexus say, staying off the minimap is a massive help.

Funny how much they have changed the guns from BF3 but HB + Vertical Foregrip is still the way to go :D

Soldato
And rage quit.

I can't hit **** all for the last few days and my 'skill' is down to 104. :D I've suddenly gone from average to awful in a couple of days but I've generally been mucking around trying to take out vehicles recently though.

The maps are frustrating the hell out of me. The only really balanced one is Siege of Shanghai. Paracel Storm is grating on me atm. You can be trying to take a heli out and the boat gets you and vice versa.

BF4 just seems to be massively biased towards vehicles over infantry.

I've pretty much got a '**** it' attitude towards the game now. I care less about it day by day.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really enjoying running with a suppressor at the moment, find it easy enough to compensate for the bullet drop etc. and it's nice to stay off the minimap as mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom