Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
All i get now is the main bf4 screen and the flashing loading ******. what a waste of time and my money. Glad i didnt buy premium. Goodbye BF 4. Back to BF 3 and BFBC 2

Associate
did you add it into the right folder ?, and was that the only entry you put in it.

Yep, in BF4 folder, unless it needs to go in a subfolder?

I also put perfoverlay.drawfps 1, just these 2 commands, maybe that's causing the problem? I also tried Frame Target with Precision X but I got the same results, really low fps.

Associate
You will eventually get use to it, just fire 4 bullet bursts whilst pulling down in the opposite direction of the recoil.

Will come with time and practice.

And yup, this game favours the slow players/campers more especially on maps like flood zone.

Always check the mini map and don't just look for red triangles but also where your dead team mates are.

Map knowledge/situation awareness is probably the most important factor to win/do well.

What graphic settings are you using?

Yeah stubby is only good when firing more than 7 or so bullets i.e. just holding the trigger down, sometimes I "forget" to burst fire, get overwhelmed with all the enemies so can't think! :D

Personally not a fan of the scar, too slow for my liking + not much ammo.

AEK is a beast but only good for close quarter maps like operation cluster **** and flood zone imo. Haven't tried that aek combo, might try it later.....

I haven't used heavy barrel at all in this game, found it to be pretty crap, makes a change from bf 3 though as everyone used HB + foregrip on EVERY gun! :D :p

I use kobra, suppressor (not showing on the MM and not having the enemy hear my position is too much of an advantage!), ergo, laser sight for every gun now (except I use holo for m249, don't know what it is but I just seem to do better with that sight on that gun :confused:)

I am 49 in the world for ace 21 kills! Was 41 but started playing as support and using m249 more often now :p :D

good tips thanks. you'd prefer the scar-h over the m416 ?

Associate
quick questions:

1: Can i run this game? got 7850 atm and just tempted to try game .

2: If i get game....which one lol, there seems to be about 5 different versions of BF4...including.... BF4 normal, BF4 deluxe .....BF4 premium edition....and on and on

:eek:

Caporegime
Westie or/and raider we have to do this next time we are in the little bird! :D

You fly, I bring the m249 (and the occasional c4 drops...... :p) and get someone to repair = EPIC air support! :D

good tips thanks. you'd prefer the scar-h over the m416 ?

Prefer the m416 over the scar. Best assault weapon "overall" imo is ace 23.

SAR is very good for long range.

AUG is pretty nice gun too.

Haven't got the L85 unlocked yet but have used someone else's kit + from watching youtube videos, it seems pretty damn awesome.

Associate
quick questions:

2: If i get game....which one lol, there seems to be about 5 different versions of BF4...including.... BF4 normal, BF4 deluxe .....BF4 premium edition....and on and on

1. You should be able to run it on medium with decent frame rates. What CPU do you have?
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark,7.html
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page3.html

2. http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/battlefield-4-includes-china-rising-dlc-uk-only

^ that's the one I'd go for, BF4 was £22.99 a few days ago via black Friday deals.

Last edited:
Soldato
quick questions:

Yes, the game runs fine with a 7850 with a mix of high and medium at 1920x1080. I'm presuming you have a 2GB version.

I'd go for the cheapest version just to see if you like it. I hope you're a very patient person! :)

Caporegime
7850 2GB runs the game great at high, I am back to using these settings:

high min. FPS, max isn't too high (hate any form of vsync) and average is around 70-90

rest of pc is

i5 750 oc to 3.6
8gb ram

Soldato
Nexus that LB vid is only half, I know of a game breaking glitch to show you with the LB /tanks / Heli's. I really hope it gets fixed tomorrow because if people start finding out about it, well BF4 will be completely dead within weeks.

Edit oh gods I just remembered another glitch with the little bird. If you like using m249 you will love it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nexus that LB vid is only half, I know of a game breaking glitch to show you with the LB /tanks / Heli's. I really hope it gets fixed tomorrow because if people start finding out about it, well BF4 will be completely dead within weeks.

Dying to know what it is! get your ass on BL now! :p

Problem is, DICE probably don't know about it either :o Will only be fixed when the majority know about it :( (or until a private video has been sent to dice/ea.........)

edit;

m249 involved!?!?!? TELL ME NOW! :D

Soldato
And rage quit.

I can't hit **** all for the last few days and my 'skill' is down to 104. :D I've suddenly gone from average to awful in a couple of days but I've generally been mucking around trying to take out vehicles recently though.

The maps are frustrating the hell out of me. The only really balanced one is Siege of Shanghai. Paracel Storm is grating on me atm. You can be trying to take a heli out and the boat gets you and vice versa.

BF4 just seems to be massively biased towards vehicles over infantry.

I've pretty much got a '**** it' attitude towards the game now. I care less about it day by day.

At least you can play Siege of Shanghai without getting sound loop crashes all the time. Buggiest map going for me by a mile.

Soldato
Hmmm, that's never happened with BF4 before. The game just exited with no error message or anything and it's also happened with Skyrim lately. I think I might have a graphics card issue. :(

Last thing I need.

Last edited:
Associate
awesome response guys thanks,

i think il get the deluxe edition from origin as its on sale for £38.40.

Ive only got 4gb of Ram as its DDR2 so never needed any more lol

still reckon il be ok?

ps dare i ask how many hours to download...

Soldato
I haven't a clue what is happening with my game at all. I'm getting half a dozen WTF moments every round.

Tomorrows patch is my final hope. If the game is still screwed, I'm not only uninstalling it but also Origin as well. Sick of it soiling my hard drive if I'm honest.

It's little wonder I can never find fellow OcUK's in-game as they all seem to be playing 64 man Operation Locker for some strange reason. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Went on a french domination server just now. Hardly any shots registering. Check ping ingame and sure enough all the high ping players (myself included at 73) were the ones scoring the worst.

Back
Top Bottom