What if Spiderman was really really fat?

Soldato
In my world, Tarzan flew between trees. All of this could be resolved if you and sin chase knew how to use a dictionary.

So you are using the fact that the word 'fly' can be used figuratively to mean 'move fast' to hide the fact you mistakenly thought Spiderman could fly?

I could say I saw a car 'flying down the road at great speed' but no one would interpret that as meaning the car was actually flying.

Caporegime
Yet that is what you are doing with swinging.

No I'm not. Do you honestly think i don't know how Spiderman propels himself from building to building?

You had two choices when interpreting my initial comment.

1. That I used the word 'fly' figuratively and understood just fine that he used his web + gravity to propel himself.

2. That I genuinely believed Spiderman could conduct self-powered flight like a bird or Superman, which would render his web thing pointless.

And you chose option 2? I just want to make sure I understand what I'm dealing with here!

Caporegime
Seriously dude!
Man up and admit you were mistaken :rolleyes:

Fly just means propelled through the air. Spiderman propels himself through the air. There is no way I was mistaken in any form, so the above is never going to happen. I'm very happy to admit when I'm wrong, but since literally everyone on the planet knows how Spiderman moves, it should be obvious to even the most dim-witted that I wasn't mistaken.

Dude.

Soldato
OP
I can't believe Participant thought Spiderman could actually fly. That's funnier than the page itself.

I'm very happy to admit when I'm wrong... literally everyone on the planet knows how Spiderman moves
Not 'everyone on the planet' knows how Spiderman moves. So can you admit you were wrong now please :D

Caporegime
No matter how he moves, he can reasonably be said to fly. So my original comment was correct. And I assure you all that I fully understood that Spiderman uses his web to swing / fly between buildings and not magic or tiny wings.

Soldato
OP
Are you sure?
130080_L.jpg

Soldato
I think a real Spiderman would get really fat really quickly. The temptation to fly everywhere would be too great, like how astronauts can get muscle wastage from zero g (although presumably his awesome spider genes would stop him getting too fat!).

Let's say for a second you meant fly as in the sense you are currently claiming.

When did swinging from building to building with your arms stop being an incredibly strenuous activity?

V F

V F

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;25419099 said:
Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion > Let's argue about the propulsion system employed by entirely fictional superheroes

Soldato
Let's say for a second you meant fly as in the sense you are currently claiming.

When did swinging from building to building with your arms stop being an incredibly strenuous activity?

Exactly this, which lends corroboration to the fact Participant thought Spiderman could fly, or mixed it up with Superman.

Participant is a numpty, is making a total storm over nothing. Makes for absolutely comical reading though. This is one for "Old men read YouTube Comments"

Back
Top Bottom