Where's a good place to buy Clothes these days

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm your typical geek who spends more time looking at gadgets than clothes. The time has come where I need to buy a load of new stuff

Winter Coat
Jeans
Jumpers

It's been ages since I last looked and I have no idea where to go. My usual places:

Debenhams (seems to be all mantray now?)
Burtons
Next
M&M Direct

Unfortunately things have changed and the quality had significantly dropped off. The clothes seem to have held the price, but the quality is dire. I've also noticed most places seem to sell the chavy brands which I don't really want.

There used to be a time when Firetrap, Lacoste, Fred Perry, YSL, Hugo were decent quality and wouldn't get you laughed at. Grrrrr, I'm so out of date and totally clueless

Help a geek out lads! I don't want rip off stuff, just something decent :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
All of those stores have their signature lines which are of good quality at decent prices. Shy of that you're looking at higher end casual wear outlets like Ted Baker. Really though, just go and look at stuff you like then buy. Not much harder than that.

Soldato
OP
All of those stores have their signature lines which are of good quality at decent prices. Shy of that you're looking at higher end casual wear outlets like Ted Baker. Really though, just go and look at stuff you like then buy. Not much harder than that.

Thanks, any online sites you can recommend?

I practice what I preach and I'm a big believe in the end of the high street (unless councils properly support them). I'd much rather order online, and send it back if I don't like it

Soldato
OP
Asda, Mattalan, TK MAX, Sainsburys etc. :D

:D You know, credit where credits due. Sainsburys underwear is one of the best I have found. I ALWAYS used to buy Next and Burtons underwear until a year ago. They changed the quality and it felt like I was wearing skin tight boxers ten sizes too small (and no, I haven't put weight on :D)

Sainsburys are great for socks and boxers (and the socks dont leave black bits everywhere unlike the next ones)

Soldato
Department stores and tailors, basically the only places I buy clothes.

I bascially just throw them my card and say "Can you just give me some clothes, I don't care, just give me rags to cover my naked body" then give up and give a woman my card to go buy me clothes.

Tailor has the added bonus of having my measurements so they basically find some pictures and ask if I like them, then make it up in my size. Quite reasonable as well given the quality.

Soldato
mainlinemenswear, the menswear site, chemical records and asos are ones i use regularly.

edit: and for cheap trainers, prodirectselect.

Soldato
I've never had an issue with M&M Direct, their lines can be a bit hit and miss admittedly, but I have hoovered up some cheap hoodies and t-shirts over the years that would have been significantly more expensive in the likes of TK-Maxx.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thanks, any online sites you can recommend?

I practice what I preach and I'm a big believe in the end of the high street (unless councils properly support them). I'd much rather order online, and send it back if I don't like it

Ah no idea about online, people seem to use Asos a lot (mentioned above by folks) but they're no different to quality to the rest of the high street places. I buy in store when it comes to clothes.

Soldato
asos.

massive selection of brands from high end to low end, plus their own label is pretty decent for basics and they offer free delivery and returns too.

i pretty much just use asos and some specific brand/highstreet shops.

Back
Top Bottom