Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
Anyone experienced a weird screeching sound followed by a crash? Been experimenting with my cpu overclock and wondered wether it was it or just a bf4 issue. Ive had the sound cut out on the stock maps a few times. This one happened on altai from the cr maps.

Man of Honour
Anyone experienced a weird screeching sound followed by a crash? Been experimenting with my cpu overclock and wondered wether it was it or just a bf4 issue. Ive had the sound cut out on the stock maps a few times. This one happened on altai from the cr maps.

Sounds more like system instability.

Caporegime

No, only crash i have ever had is just a crash to desktop - screen goes white for a split second and then i end up back at my desktop/battlelog with a "battlefield stopped working" message. Never had a sound loop/hard lock/blue screen.

Associate
I have it open a=90% of the time playing on my 2nd screen. Really needed when playing in a vehicle IMO, certainly is for heli.

In 4 days I have gone from being a Jet noob to flying tonight for Symthic vs FIST LELELELEL

Any tips for flying the Jets? I'm trying to get the UCAV for support but I've been trying to play in Air Supremecy servers but I'm getting annihilated.

Soldato

Some gpx cards have overheat buzzers.

Associate
Had a couple rounds tonight on the new maps and I'm not that impressed... maybe I need to play them a bit more. I had more fun with mark, nex etc on paracel storm for one round than anything on the new maps! No crashes yet (fingers crossed)

I did unlock the L85A2. By pure chance someone wandered round the corner when i was trying to res a squad mate on paracel which was the window for the two other easy kills (grenade launcher and pistol). Not tried it yet though.

Transport chopper (s)kills was kinda fun with marty guilin peaks though :) map is a little weird as everyone else seems to run around as a pack!

Caporegime
Sounds more like system instability.
I managed to complete a round of domination just after the crash with no issues. Ill need to test a bit more.

No, only crash i have ever had is just a crash to desktop - screen goes white for a split second and then i end up back at my desktop/battlelog with a "battlefield stopped working" message. Never had a sound loop/hard lock/blue screen.
No blue screen or lock up, not even a bf3 exe stopped responding message and nothing in event viewer.

Some gpx cards have overheat buzzers.
Gpu temps were 67 and 53c respectively, the former is actually pretty good as theyre non ref cards. Top one usually hits 72c in bf4.

I did run the chip clocked at 4.5ghz during the beta were it was fine, was at stock till tonight. Only other change was swapping my ram to a 2400mhz kit, (xmp setting in use). Stress testing on this chip with p95 etc isnt possible though due to the very high temps it hits, 94c on one core. The joys of haswell.:D

Soldato
35a0n0g.jpg

Urgh. EA using the release of China Rising, which I already own, as a means to get me to buy premium. I enjoy BF4 but stuff like this is a bit much.

Last edited:
Associate
Enjoying the game again last few weeks :)
cant believe they are making us wait for China Rising DLC - but I wish they didn't keep bringing out so many new maps. They should leave it be for a good 6 months imo. The server lists are going to be so fragmented with different dlcs.

although the memory leak bug, where the game grinds to a halt and task manager shows memory and disk over 95% has reared its ugly head again since the latest patch yesterday. Its happened a lot today. I ended up uninstalling ATI CCC from Control Panel, hasn't happened tonight so far.
I was on the latest 11.11 9.5 beta driver.

Also does anyone get the keyboard lag problem? The player keeps on moving even though no keys pressed.
I uninstalled Windows Mouse and Keyboard centre, that's helped it seems so, late tonight's session anyway. We shall see. Its a Microsoft Sidewinder x4 keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom