Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Caporegime
Your car weighs 6g though! :p

Top mounts arrived. Trying to decide if I fit them before Oulton. If I get into a situation where I need to take the shock off then I will loose my camber settings and need alignment again. I might leave it, especially as I've fallen out with my local Hunter garage so would need to find somewhere else.

Caporegime
5l of washer fluid has vanished from my car in 2 days, with no obvious puddle left where I park it.

Any other potential causes outside the usual leaking headlight washers or a pipe that's come off the reservoir?

Soldato
I've been driving my Megane 250 a bit um... More spirited than normal lately and I can't believe how well it handles. It feels like it's stuck to the road! I thought my focus St handled well and that had a slight when when taking corners at speed but this just doesn't move at all when chucking it around a corner.

I'm 50/50 now on getting it remapped. I watched a video with a remapped 250 and a rs and the Megane came out on top. Obviously the rs was standard but to turn the Megane into a rs beater for £380 seems like a good deal to me!

Soldato
Fitted...and my god is it good.

11191502104_7394c3a885_c.jpg

Permabanned
I really crave for a phase 2 Clio V6.

Very unlikely I will get one (I can afford it, but it is not practical and I would only want a bright yellow one, and if I was to seriously consider one I would be better off with an E46 M3 so moot point, but it is one of those cars where I just crave it.

My friend Chip has about 3 172's in general states of tune and tells me they are pretty awesome cars.

Associate
You don't buy a V6 with your head, you buy it with your heart! 100% guarantee you would get more admiration and attention in a V6 than an E46 M3.

Just buy it and enjoy it for what it is, you only live once :).

Also doubt you would lose much money on it either.

Soldato
Urgh, my clutch failed today and has punched a fist sized hole through the bell housing. Not something i can fix before brands on monday and due to the short notice, it's non refundable. Very annoying as i just spent quite a bit of money getting the car ready for it! Could potentially fix it quite cheaply if i did the work myself (oem clutch and second hand bell housing) but i think im going to take the car off the road over the winter and fit a lightened flywheel and paddle clutch as the car is pretty much exclusively used on track now.

ANNOYED :(

Caporegime
Wow, that sucks. Lucky its not taken other bits with it. I saw a clutch let go on a Clio on track and when the guy opened the bonnet there were chunks of metal ontop of the engine and all over the engine bay!

I swear I'm on borrowed time with my clutch and gearbox.

Associate
Just get another box they aren't worth the hassle of splitting it to change the bellhousing section for the cost of them.

I'd advise against the paddle clutch too unless going big power as it will just be a thorn in your side.

Soldato
Just get another box they aren't worth the hassle of splitting it to change the bellhousing section for the cost of them.

I'd advise against the paddle clutch too unless going big power as it will just be a thorn in your side.

My gearbox is a pretty good one, so i would rather not change it to one i don't know the history of. I would also agree about the paddle clutch if it were a road car, my mate had a g40 turbo with a pretty hardcore paddle clutch and it was an absolute nightmare on daily driving. But they shine on track, and are only really a pain when pulling away or stop/start driving.

Associate
You went with Bluefin eh? I went the RSTuner (fastchip.nl) route for my Meg250. Henk certainly knows his stuff and is well respected on the Clio side of things.

I also heard mixed results about Bluefin throwing error codes if there are other mods present, too much air and running rich etc.

Back
Top Bottom