Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87

Associate
Yeah it is great, bios is nice, it is holding my 4.5Ghz overclock steady and it looks fantastic :)

Interestingly: I've just put my headphones into the headphone slot in the front of my case rather than the slot in the back of the board, I can barely hear the static sound at all anymore even though it seems to be going through the amp as it is very loud...Going to investigate further!

For a board with audio in mind static through the headphones is unacceptable.

Associate
I took the amp chip out and put it in again upside down (its 4x4 pins top and bottom, reversable) and the noise is pretty much gone when I tested it on skyrim and bf4. Still investigating though so don't consider this a fix yet, I thought i fixed it yesterday too but the noise cropped up again.

Performance is still great, bumped it to 4.6Ghz today and it is still happy :)

Last edited:
Associate
Seems like a nice board, haven't had chance to play tho.
Dunno if its just me but the new bios setup looks too confusing i used the classic with F2.

Associate
Sound is still great since I flipped the amp chip, I heard a touch of buzz on an occasional loading screen today but that was all. Sounds about as good as the Xonar D2X in my other machine, very impressive for onboard sound :)

Associate
Can I just ask - how can the G1.Sniper 5 possibly be roughly £200 more expensive than this G1.Sniper Z87???

Okay, so the Sniper 5 gives you quad SLI support as well as keeping both cards in PCIe x16 when running dual SLI (whereas this board will go down to x8) - but honestly, that alone is not worth 200 quid - surely? Really shows how much extra you do pay for the ultra high end stuff.

This board is ridiculously good value for money in my eyes!

Back
Top Bottom