**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Associate

tried this but didnt seem to do anything my xbox actually said strict starting to bug me a little here lol

did a test with the following results

both xboxs off

my xbox on nat type --------strict

lads then turned on nat type ------ open

both xboxs turned off then turned on reverse order

same results

then all wifi devices turned off and router reset

then my xbox on first ---nat type ----- open

lad turns his on nat type now strict

it seems once the router remembers one it keeps that one open and the other to strict

so is there a way to get the lads to moderate at least while my stays open ?

Soldato
I had nothing but issues with mine the other day, followed steps above and manually gave the xbox it's own IP address (settings, network, manual set up) then that IP I popped into my LAN settings in my router as I was finding before the IP would change every boot and thus losing my port forwarding.

I would have thought you could do the same for your two xboxes as sounds like IPs are conflicting? So give one a mid range IP 192.168.0.50 and the other a higher one 192.168.0.200 and then set them both in the LAN setting of router.

Associate
I had nothing but issues with mine the other day, followed steps above and manually gave the xbox it's own IP address (settings, network, manual set up) then that IP I popped into my LAN settings in my router as I was finding before the IP would change every boot and thus losing my port forwarding.

I would have thought you could do the same for your two xboxes as sounds like IPs are conflicting? So give one a mid range IP 192.168.0.50 and the other a higher one 192.168.0.200 and then set them both in the LAN setting of router.

thanks for the input but where routers and stuff are concerned im lost so just to cap is the following right

xbox1 go into settings ip and use manual and change the ip to say ending in 50

xbox 2 same as above but end the ip as 200

restart both xboxs

then go into my router settings and look at attached devicews to make sure both are there.

then goto lan settings (not sure what this does lol ) and add them both to it

what about the wan

what about port forwarding (I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS )

and do i leave that upnp enabled

just to note at present xbox 1 ends in 03 and xbox 2 ends in 10

thanks buddy

Soldato
After a couple of days ownership here are my, unasked for, thoughts....

XBox One

It's a slick device. The voice commands work pretty well, sometimes I have to change inflection to get them to work (maybe I should tone down the aggressive voice when it fails to obey me), and I am eager to see how this develops over the consoles life.

The interface is OK and does the job, and it's a step up from the 360, and PS3, but I'm not bothered about it. It doesn't have a wow factor for me. If this is the interface we have for the life of the One then sobeit as it will suffice.

The controller is just great. I have a 360 controller for my PC, not that I use it much, but having used the DS3 for the last 4 years I can only liken the switch to having ridden a moped then got onto a 1000cc bike. Chalk and cheese.

Kinect is also good, and I'm glad it came as standard, but it's not without it's faults. If I set it to switch my TV and amp on & off, then it will turn them on. However, if I set it to only turn ON my TV & amp then it doesn't turn them on. I'm sure I'll find a fix eventually. Also it doesn't always recognise me when the One first turns on. Other than that the potential is great.

The Games

I'll list these in order I played them for the first time...

Powerstar Golf. This is my most played game, not because it's my favourite but because it's the easiest to pick up and put down quickly. It's a good golf game well worth the £15.99 I paid for it but I just wish more of you lot had Rivals uploaded to play against.

A solid 7/10.

Fifa 14. I am crap at sport games. I could not beat Stevie Wonder at this game even if he had both arms ripped off by one of my contraptions in DR3. That said, once I knew I could just be 1 player in a team, and not have to control the rest, the game became viable for me to play. I'm still crap but I have computer controlled players to bail me out. Thank god. It's a well polished game, as you'd expect after all these years, and I enjoy an odd game every now and again. I'm just ****ed off that Middlesborough loaned me out after I scored 2 goals in my first game for them. ******s.

6.5/10.

Forza 5. Great game and one that I am happy if I come 3rd as it's not the easiest game in the world. Some of you have right dirty Drivatars, as I'm sure I do ;), but the challenge from recognisable names makes it more fun. Once I tried turning a few assists off, I feel it is a bit easier but time will tell.

8/10.

Dead Rising 3. I decided to save what I assumed would be the best till last and it turns out I was right. This is just insane, ridiculous, fun. The Smartglass app just adds so much to it. The first time I had the map on screen on my Nexus 7 and I noticed where I move on the TV the little icon moved on the map I almost giggled with glee. This is what it's all about, stuff like this and I'm sure, as time goes by, things will get even better and more refined.

9/10.

Is all this worth the, approx., £550 I paid for it? I'd rather have spent £300 but even at £550 I have no regrets.

Now back to killing the undead in my boxer shorts.

Soldato
i really want bf4 i regret not getting at launch :( so here is a question for you guys i have 3 titles cod,fifa,forza,fifa i love :cool: cod is a bit meh and forza is ok but not amazing so do you think it would be a good idea to trade forza and cod for bf4 ? can't really justify paying out 50 notes on a game this close to christmas,plus I'm planning on getting peggle 2 this week.how do you guys with bf4 rate it online ? anyone got both cod and bf and can compare both? I'm also getting a game for xmas so what would you reccomend ? cheers :)

I played Ghosts on 360 not on the Xbox One and really wasn't that impressed the maps for me just were not my cup of tea and the awful spawning was ridiculous just couldn't get on with it.

Decided to go for Battlefield 4 and I am loving it takes a little while to forget about the play style of Cod and to appreciate how much more there is to Battlefield I would recommend it have a look on Youtube at gameplay videos thats what I did for a while it got me hooked!

Soldato
Has anyone else had problems with their pad?

I'm on my third pad now and even that has to go back :( it's the same problem every time, the sticks don't re-centre properly and rock like they haven't been fitted properly.. The first one had a faulty left stick, the next it was the right and now back to the left. The problem starts after only just a few minutes use and is really annoying.. they still work but I can feel a clicking when using them.. really not impressed with the quality of these things :(

Associate
not sure if anyone else has had this but thought id mention it, If you have bt infinity broad band you may have issues with images videos and applications running this is because you have the security setting on bt that all new devices must be registered to resolve simply open internet explorer on your xbox one the bt page will open click next till you get to page two there will be a continue browsing option at the top right had corner click this and everything will now work.

Associate
My GF bought me Lego Marvel Super Heroes at the weekend. Great game! Reminds me of the endless hours I spent on Lego Star Wars trying to unlock everything :D

Loving DR3 at the minute, it's just so much fun multiplayer.

Does anyone know if Peggle 2 has any online multiplayer modes? I think the previous Peggle had something?

Back
Top Bottom