• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anything happen with Mantle yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
gameplay mechanics with the hitbox/latency/netcode and how the avatar cant move to the side to avoid fire all make the game call of duty cloned.
just not battlefield.

and Mantle wont save BF4.
it might save amd tho:)

The reg is so bad. The amount of trade kills I've done in BF4 is more than the total amount of Pokemon I've traded in my life time and I've played Pokemon for 15 years......

I still have a theory that EA is just leasing out boxes to the server providers and this is why the reg is so bad simply because they're running too many VM's on the boxes to handle in the first place.

As for mantel I do hope it helps and fixes with my random FPS dips on my 7970.

Associate
The could easily do it, problem being Xbone, they want you to play games on that not PC.:(

Sure dx for consoles is stripped down version specifically designed for that architecture in the x1 but DX was developed so it could be run on everything, mantle is completely different as at the moe its deisgned specifically for the GCN architecture and wont work on anything else. If they did it so it ran on everything going back the last 10-20 years it would become bloated slow and inefficient as there'd probably to much stuff making headaches for em. If they started to support architectures from now it would be fine for a while i think, MS could do it but it would probably come in the form of a secondary API anyway and not built directly into DX as it stands

Soldato
Having none of the issue's you mentioned :D

Hitbox and Latency seem fine to me I do play on 0% smooth factor though. Call of Duty has 64 players? and Tanks, Jets etc?? Never knew might have to play it last time I seen they were just solid objects.

I played competitevly and most players cant distinguish between 60/120hz or 10ms ping or how much delay its between what you see on the screen and the time you reacted, I can.

Battlefield is pure **** in that regard.
reason is if they use such netcode and keep the game mechanics they use they dont understand their own game design.
when I played BF2 I kept track of players hitbox depending on their ping on the server.
battlefield was a good fun game but now its just **** one reason I stopped playing both Bf3 and bf4 as the gameplay is gone from dice own design, they dont understand it.

Cant Microsoft simply, do something similar with DX?

Mantle if succcesful might force competition to produce a better DX version.
The issue is if Microsoft is doing that they also need to write two codepaths one for amd and one for Nvidia. Its what I would make Microsoft to do if I was in charge. one DX but made for two brands.

I dont expect that to happen though, yes Microsoft might streamline it a bit but catch mantle? No way. Nvidia are screwed there.
If Mante works the way it should then you will see a ton of people selling their Nvidia cards if they play games with mantle support. No substitute for more fps.
It might make Nvidia to do something but unlikely.
unless they started to write the code years ago they lag 2 years behind.
2 years are 2+ generations of cards, and as far its just not good for them.

Soldato
I'm busting to see some proper performance figures for this. It really has the potential to be a complete industry game changer (see what I did there? :D).

I bet it'll turn out to be a damp squib though. :(

Associate
From what I've been reading about Mantle, I would have thought Mantle allows developers to fix issues more readily?

So ... it could be a case that the Mantle patch has all been developed, QA tested, approved and all ready, but the issue is the DX side of things?

Caporegime
Battlefield 4 performance has improved with todays patch. That's what the in game performance overlay is telling me so far. Less small cpu spikes more of a straight line now. Game seems to be close to BF3 level performance and smoothness now imo.

Caporegime
I was one of the lucky ones that never had many crashes. I had a few four weeks back or so but haven't had any since so nothing has changed for me in that regard.

I had one crash the other night, first one in a couple of weeks, it was during loading the next round, turns out its because; while i have China Rising, i don't have Premium, so can't play it yet, for some reason it will try to load a China Rising Map, and then fail, Crash!

Just one more bug to add to BF4's looooooooong list.

Soldato
i had a couple of crashes during the first few weeks, and lately its been fine, the odd BF4 stopped working, during map changes, but nothing like how it was at the start.

Runs sweet on my rig too

Man of Honour
I was one of the lucky ones that never had many crashes. I had a few four weeks back or so but haven't had any since so nothing has changed for me in that regard.

Its a weird one as for the first few days after release might have even been close to 2 weeks the game was totally stable for me while most people I played with were complaining of constant crashes then out of nowhere it started crashing a lot for me. (Definitely not system stability related).

Soldato
Battlefield 4 performance has improved with todays patch. That's what the in game performance overlay is telling me so far. Less small cpu spikes more of a straight line now. Game seems to be close to BF3 level performance and smoothness now imo.

Noticed this also on China Rising map "Altai Range" before patch the Mid area was bit messy with frame rates all over the place. Couple matches before and it was super smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom