*** League of Legends ***

Associate
Does anyone know when season 4 begins?

If i get into plat i wanna atleast make it to plat 3 so that when the soft reset happens there will be a good chance i get placed in platinum if i do good in my placements, would be annoying if i get to plat 5 at the last minute and the reset causes me to go into gold 1 again.

Not 100% sure but I think sometime in January.

Soldato
OP
There has been a lot of discussion on the pro player contracts that riot impose.

Riot are now changing them to be more fair http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26690-riot-removing-the-restrictions-from-lcs-policy-no

What impresses me is that the company as a whole made this decision comes across as very passionate about the game and the company.

On my side personally playing games (particularly lol with the need for 5 players and a time slot) has become harder, the changes to the game and my manic work life have meant a couple of days break has developed into a few weeks. I'm not sure if I will return at this point but 3 or 4 years wasn't a bad stint :) loved playing with the guys in here, I have no doubt I would have stopped playing this a long time ago without them.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,

Would it be possible to trust me the mumble password as Mrfishyfish had to wipe his pc and can not remember his email and password for OcUK forums. (He can be a bit silly like that)

Thank you in advance.

Brackish.

Soldato
There has been a lot of discussion on the pro player contracts that riot impose.

Riot are now changing them to be more fair http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26690-riot-removing-the-restrictions-from-lcs-policy-no

What impresses me is that the company as a whole made this decision comes across as very passionate about the game and the company.

On my side personally playing games (particularly lol with the need for 5 players and a time slot) has become harder, the changes to the game and my manic work life have meant a couple of days break has developed into a few weeks. I'm not sure if I will return at this point but 3 or 4 years wasn't a bad stint :) loved playing with the guys in here, I have no doubt I would have stopped playing this a long time ago without them.

Load of drama over nothing, these players get paid a salary by RIOT. It is a business and if they dont like it they should just walk away and do something else.....

There going to be in for a shock when they retire and have to get a more 'normal' job!

Im also cutting back my LoL hours, to be honest I enjoy playing Civ and CSGo much more now as im not ripping my hair out! Pre season is alright, but losing the snowballing means games drag on for so long and tbh I cant be assed!

Associate
Left my fist ever game yesterday though had a decent reason as I had to rush my wife into the hospital as she went into labour!

We won as well though lost the points as i was inactive, although was quite late on when i left but it was worth as now got a little baby boy!

Associate
Left my fist ever game yesterday though had a decent reason as I had to rush my wife into the hospital as she went into labour!

We won as well though lost the points as i was inactive, although was quite late on when i left but it was worth as now got a little baby boy!

Congratulations mate.

Associate
I've only played a few games ARAM since the preseason after doing 3 normals, not played at all for the last week or so.
Not really missing the game, did not enjoy the changes at all (even playing the so called OP champs)

At least my steam folder is getting some play time for a change.

Associate
Well the Season 3 changes were crap before everything was re-balanced so it's still early days. I think we're going to see further changes to the support role since in the the current state of support can reward you for playing like a second AP carry which seems wrong. The new utility scaling for AP doesn't seem to reward you a whole lot when compared to what AP will allow a carry to do.

Associate
anyone else completely gone off the game since the preseason patch? I just don't like the changes at all

Oh Scott... You're so funny. You want to take things seriously this season or not?

In all seriousness though, this season will probably be the last season I care about LoL... I'm getting too old these days (some would argue I was too old last year). So if anyone is interested in actually taking the game seriously, please feel free to hit me up on mumble.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I just dont think the game is particularly balanced atm and RIOT are just to slow to do anything.

We have Kass with a near 100% ban rate across all leagues and still he hasnt been tweaked , literally the entire community saying that he is crazy for months and nothing....

then we have the new crazy chars as a result of the pre season changes - Riven (wtf) , Nasus to some extent and on top of this the likes of evelyn are rising up again because of the way pink wards work now.

Just dont think it was well thought through at all, and the fact that we still dont have the new runes isnt helping. Maybe once everything is in place it might even itself out, but atm they seem more bothered about skin and champ releases./

Soldato
Well I just dont think the game is particularly balanced atm and RIOT are just to slow to do anything.

We have Kass with a near 100% ban rate across all leagues and still he hasnt been tweaked , literally the entire community saying that he is crazy for months and nothing....

then we have the new crazy chars as a result of the pre season changes - Riven (wtf) , Nasus to some extent and on top of this the likes of evelyn are rising up again because of the way pink wards work now.

Just dont think it was well thought through at all, and the fact that we still dont have the new runes isnt helping. Maybe once everything is in place it might even itself out, but atm they seem more bothered about skin and champ releases./

Skin & champ releases is their bread and butter.
they have to prioritise that, it sucks but it's a must.

I'm not a fan of the changes, but mainly I don't play enough to catch on quickly and get frustrated. That and I've been trying to finish some games, playing open ended games is a waste when I have a Steam library of a couple hundred unplayed games :p

Associate
I like most of the changes, exept the ******* brush size reduction... if you ward for example the bot lane brush at one side you don't get vision of the whole brush which riot was trying to eliminate.

I'm enjoying the game a lot at the moment, been playing team ranked games with friends, i think thats where the fun is. Competitive and fun at the same time.

Soldato
Oh Scott... You're so funny. You want to take things seriously this season or not?

In all seriousness though, this season will probably be the last season I care about LoL... I'm getting too old these days (some would argue I was too old last year). So if anyone is interested in actually taking the game seriously, please feel free to hit me up on mumble.

idk man I never said I wanted to take this season seriously

it's just amazing how I went from wanting to play the game every day to not wanting to play at all with 1 patch. I can't even explain why I don't like the patch, the game just doesn't feel good anymore. Maybe when I get a graphics card I'll give it another chance.

Associate
idk man I never said I wanted to take this season seriously

it's just amazing how I went from wanting to play the game every day to not wanting to play at all with 1 patch. I can't even explain why I don't like the patch, the game just doesn't feel good anymore.

Maybe its because it's pre season? Nothings really happening atm, things are changing, no LCS etc, once its back to season 4 when you can compete for challenger etc, youll enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom