Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Man of Honour
I guess you didn't see what I asked on the first page, it the last post I think.

How do you edit the server so people have different starter planets?

Hey. Sorry, yeah I missed it.

I read that the current release is slightly bugged with this and that with the default setting you will have the same planet for everyone at the start but once you restart the server it will change so that everyone has their own.

The setting I used previously was:

"useDefaultWorldCoordinate" : true,

This seemed to work for a while but to be honest I think it may have been a red herring.

Caporegime
OP
LOL

I was hammering like mad, why was it taking so long to get a simple block of cobblestone...

I was using the woodmans axe :( "derp"

EDIT : WOOHOO! Found a penal colony on my first planet and gained a +64 damage per swing axe :D = One hit kill

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
image.jpg

Just found this too :eek:

TIP : If you select the zoom levels in resolution options, you can see more of your game screen! Especially nice on LARGE screens :)

Last edited:
Soldato
yep, kinda prefer the middle zoom when not mining, bit closer to the action :)

the weapons you can make are so OP atm, one shot everything insight. But some of the weapon drops from humanoids look okaish.

Caporegime
OP
So how are you guys starting up so quick if you've been wiped?

Isn't it a be tedious to dig for hours and hours?

It really depends on the starting location, it was on a penal colony and two items of very high power were dropped :)

However!

FrenchTart, the starting planet is the same again. Lots of people can't find any trees and someone set a trap at the starting location and nearly killed me :mad:

Oh an a good note, I've now got a silver pickaxe :D

Bleek once you get the first pickaxe the game gets much more improved for mining resources, by the time you get the top end pickaxe you are plowing through the ground lol

Man of Honour
It really depends on the starting location, it was on a penal colony and two items of very high power were dropped :)

However!

FrenchTart, the starting planet is the same again. Lots of people can't find any trees and someone set a trap at the starting location and nearly killed me :mad:

Oh an a good note, I've now got a silver pickaxe :D

Bleek once you get the first pickaxe the game gets much more improved for mining resources, by the time you get the top end pickaxe you are plowing through the ground lol

Did you remove the trap already? (If so - thanks). I just logged in to try and check it out and it seemed okay in regards to traps at spawn. I really wish we had the sort of anti-griefing tools we have in Minecraft :/ Hopefully one day.

The starting planet being kind of desolate doesn't shock me. I don't know if I can make people get their own starting planets at the moment due to a possible bug. I may delete the starting planet and restart the server though - that will at least put some resources on there for new players.

Caporegime
OP
The starting planet being kind of desolate doesn't shock me. I don't know if I can make people get their own starting planets at the moment due to a possible bug. I may delete the starting planet and restart the server though - that will at least put some resources on there for new players.

Thing is you'd have to delete it daily going by how many players loot it lol

Back
Top Bottom