**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Associate
just to let people know i sorted out my nat problems but i did read that for some reason a lot of peoples nats that were open on the 360 now seem to be strict on the one.

mentioned it to my mate as we could never party chat and it turns out his nat settings was now strict after years of being open on his 360.

he changed his settings in router did a reboot and his nat is now open and we got into a party chat and multiplayer no problems tonight.

so just have a quick check guys only takes like 2 mins to check in your settings/network part of the dash

Soldato
I was set on the Xbox until the last couple of giantbomb podcasts, as time has gone on they have found more and more stuff of irritation and irrational decisions. A console underpowered to the competition but that's because it's designed to do so much more. Except it doesn't.

Games wise the only one they all seem to be having fun with is DR3.

The more I listen and the more I read it just seems half finished. Would it really have hurt them to wait until summer for a launch and had plenty of stock and bundles for a 2014 xmas launch?

I thought I'd try and get one after christmas but I will give it 6 months now. I'm trying my hardest to find reasons to stay with xbox and give them as much time as possible to sort out issues.

I think waiting till titan fall is the best thing to do. Hopefully the OS will be stable and the party/game invite system will be back to how they was!

Associate
I think waiting till titan fall is the best thing to do. Hopefully the OS will be stable and the party/game invite system will be back to how they was!

This is the route I would have gone with hindsight, in its current state it is a paid beta unit, but its still the place I want to game. Even with the issues I have with the controller, the OS bugs and the game bugs....it does still have the franchises and titles I want to play.

I just wish the thumb sticks on the DS4 were so damn good >.<

Caporegime
There was an update overnight and consoles on standby will have turned off.

Are you sure it's dead/dead?

Yep, the update must have powered it off, now it wont turn on at all.

Tried different plugs, unplugging the power brick, it's gone.

Excuse the small video (recorded on phone this morning), that's what happens. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anti that sucks. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

It does indeed, my copy of battlefield was supposed to arrive today as well. :(

Luckily I managed to get Dead Rising 3 out the drive.

Trying to explain it to the MS rep is going 'slowly' to say the least.

He doesn't appear to have watched my video, just keeps asking my how things are booting up....

Soldato
I've sold my Xbox, piece of crap!

What didn't you like about it? I think i am happy with mine, granted i still think it costs too much.

Think the only gripe i have at the moment is that im not too keen on the controller, my hands are too big for it. Much prefer the bigger xbox 360 controller. I am having tho press the LB and RB with the knuckle of my finger which is uncomfy.

Associate
What didn't you like about it? I think i am happy with mine, granted i still think it costs too much.

Think the only gripe i have at the moment is that im not too keen on the controller, my hands are too big for it. Much prefer the bigger xbox 360 controller. I am having tho press the LB and RB with the knuckle of my finger which is uncomfy.

Battlefield 4 was laggy as hell, including almost constant dashboard crashes. I had a total of 3 replacement controllers, all faulty, the disc drive worked only intermittently, and the performance in general seemed slow and tedious.

Going to stick with my PC tbh.

Associate
the disc drive worked only intermittently, and the performance in general seemed slow and tedious.

Seems a bit harsh selling a faulty unit on to someone :D

I agree with BF problem but that DICE's fault. Last night the US servers had better latency according to the naff in menu icon than any EU server by 5 bars to 2 :( ...and they were still massively laggy.

Associate
Seems a bit harsh selling a faulty unit on to someone :D

I agree with BF problem but that DICE's fault. Last night the US servers had better latency according to the naff in menu icon than any EU server by 5 bars to 2 :( ...and they were still massively laggy.

Ha, I sold it to a company who apparently do repairs, and they were made aware the unit was not working to the expected standard, don't worry I am not that mean lol

Back
Top Bottom