*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
My Wii U turns up this week, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to Wii and Wii U... what is this Virtual Console you guys are talking bout?

And can I play Zelda OoT on the Wii U... that was and is my greatest game of all time bar none, would love to play it again.

Soldato
It's just another name for the software that you can buy on their digital shop.

All their retro games are classed under 'Virtual Console'.

Edit - This is to answer the OoT question > Not just now, as far as I'm aware.

Soldato
After looking, it may be on the Wii e-shop so maybe, let me check on the machine its self.

Edit - checked and it's not available on Wii U eshop, only 3DS.

Last edited:
Associate
I really have fallen in love with the Wii U title screen, sat there looking at other peoples messages / drawings for the past 5 minutes... Sad isn't the word!

WiiMenu_zps2e0f7ced.png

Last edited:
Associate
^ yeah really like it too, creates a great sense of community and a welcoming 'fun' environment. I love how the Mii's run in at the start too :D

Miiverse in general was one aspect of the Wii U that really took me by surprise, the per game/app/series communities and integration with some games is very clever (bottles in Wind Waker, death notes in NSMBU etc).

I'd like to see a few more features focused around friends, perhaps some party features integrated with games in the future. Whats already there is very solid though, great start to Nintendo's online/social effort.

Associate
TBH, I think I'm going to wait for a Premium bundle with the new Super Mario 3D World, think this is on the horizon?

Sure is here.

Comes as a mega bundle - 3 games, wii deluxe, wii mote and mario hat seems a good deal. Im sure it will come down in price slowly if you was looking to pay less. Sometimes you can get the Wii U deluxe for £200 for mario bros u + luigi U. Then £35 for mario 3d world at tesco.

Associate
Another new owner here :)

After seeing Super Mario 3D World I had to get one. That along with the Zelda games is good enough for me but will enjoy the party games too.

Bought the premium pack with Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World, Windwalker HD and Wii Play for just over £300 which seems pretty good to me. Only played Mario so far but very enjoyable. This whole console screams nostalgia to me. Brings back good memories.

Soldato
Another new owner here :)

After seeing Super Mario 3D World I had to get one. That along with the Zelda games is good enough for me but will enjoy the party games too.

Bought the premium pack with Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World, Windwalker HD and Wii Play for just over £300 which seems pretty good to me. Only played Mario so far but very enjoyable. This whole console screams nostalgia to me. Brings back good memories.

That's a lot of entertainment for £300 - that lot should see you deep into 2014.

I'm still struggling to find time for all the games ive got - especially as I have got myself slightly addicted to wii sports Tennis online - its immense with the motion plus controllers.

Soldato
In a nutshell its a community hub where people talk about the games on the Wii U. Share drawings, screenshots or just chat about the game :)

This...plus it's a great community, full of passionate gamers and it generally is a fantastic way to keep it! The mods seem to do a terrific job...I genuinely think it is a great way for kids to start out learning about online communities, certainly a safe and friendly environment.

Associate
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I'm at work and dont have time to research.
I'm confused about controllers, what do I actually need to buy? I assume all new games will use the pad, do I need the original wii controls to play wii games only, what about the enhanced sensor controller, are they used at all? then there is a pro controller, what would I need this for?
thanks

Looking forward to ordering so I can play mario 3d (sm64 was still the best game ever) and used to enjoy the wii party games, hence thinking I may beed the wii controllers.

EDIT: read on previous page I need wii remotes still, just one question then the normal ones or worth getting the enhanced sensor once? And the pro pad...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom