Spanish GP 2014 - Where to stay?

Caporegime
The GF and I are going to the Spanish GP next year, and also spending a few days visiting Barcelona so will be away for a week.

Has anyone done this type of trip? Where did you stay? Any recommendations for places to stay that's good for the track and also Barcelona. Were going to fly and hire a car so can drive about.

Also any other recommendations about the race itself. Were getting grandstand seats.

Caporegime
I went about 10 years on the trot but not as a couples thing. We always used to stay in Calella and drive in, as it's the start of the holiday season we used to get a weeks stay in hotels that were just opening up for the season for literally peanuts. We never booked a hotel and just drove around and found them. Sometimes as low as £30 for nearly a week as they just wanted to fill hotels.

We nearly always went in grandstand E, as high up as possible for a good view of other corners and a screen in front of you. There was always so little action if it happened it was into the first corner. G was good for photos.

Let me be honest, in 10 years I saw probably 2 GP's that were not dull. It was much better before Alonso came along as the place was empty and if you had a grandstand seat you could move to which ever GS seat you wanted.

The good thing is it's such a cheap GP to go to. Cheap flights, cheap hotels and decent 3 days tickets. Probably a bit more happening now to with DRS and Kers.

Soldato
I got mine from BookF1. They deliver great seats for Istanbual and Monaco in the last couple of years, and listened to the specific location instructions we put in free text when booking.

We're in Stand F.

Soldato
I'd stay in the city, all the local hotels will be overpriced and probably unavailable due to being full with teams etc. Plus the area around the circuit isn't very exciting (it's basically on an industrial estate). There's a train station in walking distance from the track for direct trains into the city in about 30 minutes (that's a guess, haven't got that train in years so check up on that).

Caporegime
OP
Were going to stay in a town a few miles from Barcelona. Were hiring a car to explore and get to the track so should be ok.

I need to check about parking at the track, actually.

Back
Top Bottom