*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Associate
It'd be nice to see Bayo 1 on the WiiU, but at the same time i'm just grateful that Nintendo are funding/publishing the sequel.

I picked up Bayonetta on 360 only recently and feel it's one of the best action games of last gen, possibly the best action/slash game of last gen now i think of it.

Soldato
are you guys asking nintendo for bayonetta wii U port?

Platinum games really want to but nintendo is blocking them apparently

We've been over this before, Nintendo are essentially funding the game, allowing the game to exist. Platinum approached MS/Sony who didn't want to know, Nintendo decided to back the project.

While Nintendo don't own the franchise they essentially own the publishing rights for this installment in the franchise. You won't be seeing it anywhere else because it's a Nintendo exclusive.

Platinum are sick of being asked about it, not because they want to do it but because it's been clear from day one that the game will be and will stay a Wii U exclusive.

Bayonetta 3 however could concievably come out on all depending on who's going to fnd the project that time.

Soldato
Bayonetta is the best game of its type fullstop. Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden - it bitch slaps them all :)

Well I disagree on the Ninja Gaiden front - Nothing can touch that game. I never complete games twice and that I did twice and found all collectables on the second run.
But yes Bayonetta was an amazing game and well worth playing.

Soldato
We've been over this before, Nintendo are essentially funding the game, allowing the game to exist. Platinum approached MS/Sony who didn't want to know, Nintendo decided to back the project.

While Nintendo don't own the franchise they essentially own the publishing rights for this installment in the franchise. You won't be seeing it anywhere else because it's a Nintendo exclusive.

Platinum are sick of being asked about it, not because they want to do it but because it's been clear from day one that the game will be and will stay a Wii U exclusive.

Bayonetta 3 however could concievably come out on all depending on who's going to fnd the project that time.

talking about the first game to wii U

Associate
Before I throw the damn thing out the window can someone please explain EXACTLY where I can download the Wii u transfer tool from. The Wii one is done but I cannot find the wiiu one anywhere in the eshop please please please

Associate
Cheers ��:)
Appears to have migrated them over, seemed a massive faff though, I feel more like my dad every day! IT professional during the week, just want things to work easily over the weekend.
Edit AARGGH they appear for wiiu but are now missing for the original wiifit plus, that will give her another reason to moan I'm sure.
Got a good rainforest firesale deal on this. The premium for 199 with 2 free games, zombiu and rayman (inc Nintendo land). Also I couldn't help myself and ordered mario3d and party also :)

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Got a near-mint copy of Xenoblade chronicles, even with the ninty points.

For 14.99... I almost died when I saw the price.

Lucky bugger enjoy ;)

Just finished Mario last night and have to admit I'm almost let down, maybe because I've put so much time into Mario 3D land on the 3DS it didn't do anything new for me, when all is said and done it will be pretty low down on my list of Mario games.

Soldato
Lucky bugger enjoy ;)

Just finished Mario last night and have to admit I'm almost let down, maybe because I've put so much time into Mario 3D land on the 3DS it didn't do anything new for me, when all is said and done it will be pretty low down on my list of Mario games.

Will do! just need to get a wiimote...

Really wish I could use my pro pad, it's a dream controller.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So tempted to pick one of these up for Mario, mario kart and zelda coming up next year.

What else is worth buying and is there any deals floating about?

Soldato
The cream of Wii U gaming atm is:

Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii game, but plays on the Wii U)
Zelda OOT and SS (Wii games, but play on the Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (not out yet - but we all know it's AAA)
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Rayman Legends
Mass Effect 3
Splinter Cell BL
Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U
Nano Assault Neo
NFS Most Wanted
COD Ghosts
AC3 and 4
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Deus Ex: HR, Directors Cut
Nintendoland
Trine 2
COD BLOPS
The Wonderful 101
Sonic and All Stars Racing
Disney Infinity
Pikmin 3
Monster Hunter 3

Plus a nose around the Nintendo E Shop will uncover further budget gems.

Plus Sports (just launched Tennis and Bowling), plus the Party games/Singing games.

Don't be put off at picking up old Wii games (unless of course you had them on the Wii) - hit ebay and scoop them up for peanuts, get a slice of history.

Help for new Wii U owners ^

Back
Top Bottom