Essential iPhone Apps

Associate
Does anyone know if there's any apps that allow you to send/receive sms through your iPhone via a web interface on a PC?

I used to have 'Remote Messages 2' on my jailbroken iOS 6 phone (screenshot of the web interface below)
http://www.idevice.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/remote-messages-2.jpg

But because iOS 7 can't be jailbroken, I can't use this app.

The app basically allowed you to send/receive texts when on the same WiFi network through the interface above.

Soldato
Yep, £2 is a no-brainer, especially when you consider a lot of people pay more than that for a cup of coffee each day.

It's got some great touches, like when you load a picture, instead of tapping to get rid of it, swipe in any direction - it "throws away" the picture in the direction you swipe. Nice little touch.

Soldato
My friends Son is staying up playing on his ipad until late, without having to take it off him is there an app which could be passworded which would shut the ipad down at a set time or something similar?

Associate
Permabanned
I was using SMS Backup + on Android, used to let me save SMS/What app messages to my Gmail account

but since now got an iphone anyone know of an app like that?

Caporegime
New Tweetbot for iOS 7 is out now, it's called Tweetbot 3. Looks good. Should be showing up on all the stores soon.

You have to buy it again but it's such a magnificent piece of software that it's no issue.

http://tapbots.com/software/tweetbot/

Thanks immensely for this recommendation! It has the feature I've wanted all along - disabling retweets on a per user basis. Now I don't have to put up with stupid celebrity retweets! Now Twitter is enjoyable once again.

I have been using it on my iPad though so I don't know what the difference is between 2.8.6 (iPad) and 3.0 (iPhone)

Last edited:
Associate
12 days of Christmas

iOS 7 only, all of my apple devices are jail broken so no free stuff from apple this year. Swapping wife and son over to android, moto g phones. Thinking of following soon.

Soldato
More of a question that a recommendation.

I have the Eurosport app for both the iPhone and iPad (which I love) but I can't seem to find any league tables etc on the iPad version which appear on the iPhone version. Am I missing something, or are they not on there?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Without trawling through the past 40 pages.. what are the must-have apps these days? :cool:

I realised earlier I haven't got a new app for years.

Soldato
Keynotes is showing up under "Free" on my iPhone 5 app store, but has £6.99 next to it?

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

... have you purchased it before?

Back
Top Bottom