Heads Up: Apple 0% Finance offer is on till 10/01/2014

Associate
Guys, I ordered a MBP 15" top spec on Thursday Evening and received it Saturday. I completed the online application, no need to send any papers off and it was accepted straight away.

I checked my order on Friday and it still said they were awaiting payment, so I called Apple. The support rep offered to call Barcleys to double check the payment was authorised, about 20 minutes after my phone call I received an email from Apple saying my order is be processed and will be delivered on Monday. Some how I got lucky and it got delivered on Saturday, two days early :).

Bottom line, give Apple a call and they should be able to push the process forward by chasing the bank.

Soldato
Got my mbp this afternoon. Financed online with no hassle on the 12th all sorted.

Quite an upgrade from a c2d MacBook from circa 2006

Went for 13" mbp 256 gig ssd and 8 gig ram

Soldato
Guys, I ordered a MBP 15" top spec on Thursday Evening and received it Saturday. I completed the online application, no need to send any papers off and it was accepted straight away.

I checked my order on Friday and it still said they were awaiting payment, so I called Apple. The support rep offered to call Barcleys to double check the payment was authorised, about 20 minutes after my phone call I received an email from Apple saying my order is be processed and will be delivered on Monday. Some how I got lucky and it got delivered on Saturday, two days early :).

Bottom line, give Apple a call and they should be able to push the process forward by chasing the bank.

I called them on Sunday and they said it can take up to 10 days and to call back today. Sounds like I was being fobbed off. I'll call them after work. Really hope I get it before Christmas.

Soldato
Argh, turns out I put the wrong postcode in for the billing address (one letter out). It's my fault but I wish they'd told me this when I called on Sunday, may have had a chance of getting it before Christmas.

Do they have the financing deal in store and if finance is approved do they give the product there and then?

Last edited:

Soldato
I called them on Sunday and they said it can take up to 10 days and to call back today. Sounds like I was being fobbed off. I'll call them after work. Really hope I get it before Christmas.

Should take no more than 48 hours from Barclays to get approved and paid to Apple.

Soldato
I ordered my iphone 5s from Belgium, although I bought on the UK store and sent to a UK address. I didn't have to sign anything for the 0% either :confused: Just clicked along the links, got approved read the documents clicked next, they sent me an email with a "sign code" entered code in and boom done and ordered. It arrived at my UK address a couple of days ago :) really looking forward to getting back home for Xmas now :D

Also ty to the OP for posting this. I was oddly looking at "upgrading" my phone contract to get a new phone and wanted to get a 5s but it meant paying quite a bit more on my monthly payments. So doing it this way was much better :)

Soldato
Apple order status is still 'awaiting payment' so I'm guessing Barclays haven't processed my proof of ID yet.

I've pretty much resigned myself to not having it by Christmas.

Soldato
Can go in store and do this or is it an online thing only?

I think it's online only.

In the end I just paid outright because there was too much faffing. They gave me 5% off of a macbook pro because of all the hassle (that I caused really) which was awfully nice of them.

Should be with me tomorrow. :)

I've just been on the phone to Barclays again.

Apparently my paperwork should be processed by 17:00 today…

I asked why I had to post copies of proof of ID etc when many people I know (you lot) have had their application approved online within minutes.

According to the woman I spoke to, they do 'random fraud spot-checks' and one's credit score/history is irrelevant.

Looks like I was just the unlucky 1/100 that has to post in hard copies of their details to be processed.

On the one hand I'm glad there isn't something on my credit history that flags me as a risk. On the other hand I'm **** off that an application which was supposed to take 24 hours to process has now taken over a week and despite ordering before Apple's Christmas cut-off, I'm now not going to have what I ordered until the new year.

Like ShortWarning, I'm half tempted to cancel the order and just go down to Apple Westquay and buy the damn thing. I think I'll wait to see if my paperwork is processed today, if it's still not sorted tomorrow I'll give up.

*First Word Problems*

Soldato
Damn it, about to place my order, but its for a January delivery. :(

3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
16GB (4 x 4GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each
User's Guide (English)
Aperture

Soldato
Im quite surprised how cheap the twin D700 option is, unfortunately it makes my order a BTO rather than an off the shelf, but, as they currently have non on the shelf (at Apple Trafford centre) it probably won't delay delivery too much.

Soldato
So Barclays approved my finance application at 14:00 yesterday \0/ Apple order status still says 'awaiting payment'. :(

How long does it usually take them to transfer the monies?

Associate
I'm 24hrs in and still getting that, I run Barclays this morning and they said that they don't send payment until the product has been dispatched.

I then called Apple and found that although i'd been approved the fact that my delivery address differed from my billing address usually caused a delay so they offered to change that and said it could take a further 24hrs.

If i've not seen it dispatched by tomorrow morning i'll ring Apple back as this is a last min xmas present for the wife and I want to make sure she get it!

Back
Top Bottom