***The Official Battlefield 4 Thread***

Soldato
Has the PS4 stability issues been resolved yet?

Not played it in about a week now - lots of fun to be had, but just a royal pain in the ass getting booted randomly from the game/servers :(

Yesterdays patch seems to be good, Not a single crash all night, even on Lockers, no rubber banding except on a ladder on Floodzone, was odd as no one could get to the top :eek:

Hit markers were always presant and most of the time kills seemed to work, there were a few odd things like one guy managing to kill all 4 of us spread out and aiming at him only to all die, and a Sraw hitting a attack chopper from 10 ft away while it was on the ground only to kill the passenger and not destroy it lol.

So for now im well happy, and its much more fun to play again.

Caporegime
i'm clueless as what to do in this game, anybody on ps4 willing to team up sometime or give me some pointers.

i seem to be just getting killed by tanks and snipers as i try and hide or run about.

Soldato
so this happened to me this morning lol

ggea.jpg

went to spawn on my squad leader to take a flag and i ended up falling through the ground

:(

That's happened to me on Hanin Resort.

Soldato
i'm clueless as what to do in this game, anybody on ps4 willing to team up sometime or give me some pointers.

i seem to be just getting killed by tanks and snipers as i try and hide or run about.

I will try to get on tonight, as China rising is out, you can join on me then if you want.

Also checking out Jackfrags, Do you know battlefield videos are quite good.

Soldato
Downloading it from the PSN store right now, its 3764MB.

When you start the download you have the option of paying (NO) or downloading for free if you've already redeemed the code included in the box.

Nothing for me other than a notice saying it will be released between 2pm and 6pm.

Do you have to do anything to download or is it automatic ?

Associate
Yesterdays patch seems to be good, Not a single crash all night, even on Lockers, no rubber banding except on a ladder on Floodzone, was odd as no one could get to the top :eek:

Hit markers were always presant and most of the time kills seemed to work, there were a few odd things like one guy managing to kill all 4 of us spread out and aiming at him only to all die, and a Sraw hitting a attack chopper from 10 ft away while it was on the ground only to kill the passenger and not destroy it lol.

So for now im well happy, and its much more fun to play again.

Was that the ladder on the left (away from the petrol station)? That always happens to me there.

Soldato

Add me.... mic_nai im about this afternoon. Good games by the way this afternoon wr chaos.

I have only played operation locker twice and refuse to do so anymore. .the map is a joke of noob tubing

Associate
This getting killed while clearly in cover is getting very, very annoying. Especially when it's some bozo sniper on a hill from hundreds of metres away. Seems much worse than it was BF3.

Soldato
obviously down to playing COD for the past 10 years.

thought this game would be a nice change of scenery as COD is becoming boring and desperately needs a new engine.

hopefully i can adjust to it quickly though

Try to hang back and follow your squad and move in ways where you have less chance of being shot in the back.

You should also presume that if you are in the open and can see buildings around you that there will be some scrote of a sniper who hasn't moved all round who has you in his sights.

Get in the habit of spotting as you aim as it makes it easier to track your target.

This getting killed while clearly in cover is getting very, very annoying. Especially when it's some bozo sniper on a hill from hundreds of metres away. Seems much worse than it was BF3.

No-one is ever going to fix internet lag so you're going to have to come to terms with that at some point. The game uses client side hit registration so the benefit to you is that if you have a target in your sights you will get the hit, even if the other guy thinks he got behind cover in time when he didn't really.

Last edited:
Soldato
obviously down to playing COD for the past 10 years.

thought this game would be a nice change of scenery as COD is becoming boring and desperately needs a new engine.

hopefully i can adjust to it quickly though

This might be just me but lots players coming from playing mainly cod are not used to how different the guns behave on battlefield , only playing time will improve this and have you tried a few different weapons on the test range ???

Caporegime
Woot my BF4 turned up and I played a bit of Domination last night and got slaughtered - already lost my campaign save it seems :p.

Could people tell me the best way to level up to get a decent loadout, the amount of guns is a bit too much for someone like me who doesnt play FPSes that much. I used that site Frodders link to (very useful thanks) but not sure what interim loadouts to use and what to abuse to help get the better guns And now I just remembered there are different classes too :p.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Their alternative is for one person to join a game and then everybody else has to rush and join the same game and hope that:
1) The game doesn't fill up before everybody joins.
2) You all get on the same team.

Most of the time you end up on different teams. It's a ridiculous system and really spoils the whole team work aspect of this game. As I said before DICE should have tried to fix the squad issue from BF3 instead of just dumping it because they couldn't be arsed.

Well that's disappointing, one less reason to get a PS4 and BF4 anytime soon then. It was bad enough when they started slashing the number official servers available in BF3, meaning you're left having to join private servers and be at the mercy of admins who'll move you from one team to the other (despite you being in a squad) or just ban you outright for whatever reason they please.

The state they released the game in put me off somewhat in the first place.
Should I expect them to fix this as pretty much the only reason I play FPSes is with other people from here or friends, I just cba to play with randoms especially in a squad based shooter.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Its not something they can "fix"

Its a feature you want them to add. And the answer is no so far from DICE. You don't need the party system however, its just as easy for one of your group to join a server, then everybody jump in the same server and get on the same team / squad. Usually takes a map change to get the numbers down enough that somebody can swap, but its doable without too much effort. .....

If it wasn't for the stupid "cannot connect to server" bug. Thats reportedly patched in the latest PS4 patch however.

Any PS4 users confirm ?

Caporegime
I think it was just the game I was playing, it was some stupid bomb thing where 100 people were fighting over 1 bomb.

Played some capture the base type game (domination i think) and it was 100 times better, i killed quite a few tanks, snipers owned me but i learned some routes to avoid them.

Game feels completely different depending on what game mode it is. I'm really liking it now.

Back
Top Bottom