Your longest drive in ONE day?

Soldato
Alness to Saltburn with a few stops in areas to drop people off only about 400 miles but driving through Scotland takes an age.

About 7 hours of driving and few extra minutes for coffee breaks.

Horrible.

Associate
I did Birmingham to Lochinver in Scotland for a holiday - that was 530 miles (interesting roads after Inverness!). I also did Birmingham to Fraise (Vosge) in France, again for a holiday and also to watch the Tour - that was 600 miles.

Soldato
I did Birmingham to Lochinver in Scotland for a holiday - that was 530 miles (interesting roads after Inverness!). I also did Birmingham to Fraise (Vosge) in France, again for a holiday and also to watch the Tour - that was 600 miles.

The roads in Inverness are not roads, maybe 150 years ago they may have been.

Associate
Tucson to Dallas (through Roswell to avoid Juarez) in a Nissan 370z. ~950 miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/zv1AM

Left at 6am, arrived just before midnight.

Tornado warnings came in just as the sun was going down and the rest of the trip was spent in some of the worst driving conditions I've ever driven in. Strong winds, enough rain to cause very frequent aquaplaning. Didn't run into the tornado, but my underwear definately needed changing when we got to my friends place in McKinney.

Associate
About 700 miles in Europe in my S2000 in summer this year :) Broke most of the days down but it left one massive leap on the return leg iirc.

In the UK 350 miles from Edinburgh to home in my S2000 :)

S2000 isn't the best choice of car for long journeys i'll admit (although for both of the above the roof was down the whole time) and I very much missed my 530D. Topless is always better though :D

Last edited:
Associate
Between 500 and 600 miles, I used to work for a furniture company and used to help with deliveries. There was two of us though so I didn't do all the driving.

Soldato
About 600 miles driving from Paderborn to Barnsley via the channel tunnel. That was a long slog with only a short rest on the tunnel and a couple of refuels from jerry cans at Wankum and Calais. Those were the days! I'd be hanging out of my behind doing that journey now.

Soldato
Longest solo drive I've done in one day was ~550 miles, which was Milton Keynes to Frankfurt, but obviously there was a bit of water in between which forced a stop, and I also took a 20 minute break in Belgium to stretch my legs a bit.

I did the return journey in one day too, but I drove Frankfurt to Calais without stopping which took almost 7 hours thanks to REALLY crappy traffic in Brussels.

I regularly do 350 mile round-trips in the UK, which is unfortunately an occupational hazard!

Associate
With only me driving, 900+ miles from Barcelona to Amsterdam, which took around 12 hours. Only stopping for gas etc. It was in an MX5 too :)

I have also done Lodz (Poland) to Amsterdam (670 miles) in an E34 and Budapest to Amsterdam (868 Miles) in an E36.. both non-stop.

Soldato
Longest single drive probably SB to Sacramento which is just short of 400 miles. Stopped off for lunch in San Fran and dinner in San Luis Obispo :p

Might drive out to Phoenix over the Christmas holidays at some point which I think is around 560 miles or something but if I do I'd stop in Palm Springs for an overnight which is exactly halfway I believe.

Back
Top Bottom