Forza 5 Announced

Don
Got a mini cooper '65 tuned upto A class (699 rating), it's hilarious pulling away at the startling line with the likes of lambo and ferrari drivers all screaming 'WHAT THE **** DUDE!' haha!

There is actually a tune available to get them upto R class, insane!

Yeah tuning the oldies is great fun, I have a good video of my little Datsun squeezing between Skyline's etc to get into 1st. Loving this game.

Soldato
Yup, update is live and lots of cars have had big reductions, also the drag racing tracks have been opened up, which might add up to the drivatar 100% trained.

I read the other test track courses are now in freeplay, those will probably be the missing 15% of drivatar's along with drag racing.

It should be 35k a driver level for non VIP's now, so probably 70k for VIP's?

Soldato
Played it a bit more thoroughly for the first time today and I have to say I am less impressed. XBone is my first console since the PS2. I played NFS games loads on the PC with a 360 controller (I realise they are more arcadey)

Am I the only one that thinks it is like driving in mud or piloting a boat? The wheels take ages to turn if they turn at all.

Edit: Also there is a complete lack of the sensation of speed, which is highly disappointing in a racing game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think there is a good sensation of speed, especially when trying to throw something heavy around Bathurst. Under breaking, into a dip, over a crest, etc.

Only annoyance for me is the actual size of the game, but i'm very happy with the rest.

Caporegime
If you really want a good sense of speed then i suggest playing it in the bumper view;). As for it feeling like driving in mud etc??, i find it pretty precise with my settings...i suggest you try steering in sim mode, thats a different kettle of fish in all honesty.

Hopefully with the new update the game is better, havent tried it yet as ive been out most of the day and am at the office tying up a few things before xmas. But my nephew has been playing it and completely ruining my career mode the little ****:p but its all good. He is only here till the 31st then he flies back with his mum back to Canada, so ive just let him loose with the xbox one as he hasnt got on yet but pretty sure my bro/his dad will be buying him one soon.

Soldato
I'll mess with the settings to see if I can improve it. But there is noticable lag between steering and the wheels turning, by the time they are turning you are heading off the corner into a gravel trap.

Associate
OP
Well I was having a real hard time keeping cars on the track due to the controller *deadzone*(?) settings. I changed them and now I have far better control over the cars I drove. Now that I think of it, it feels as if before I made these changes the triggers were just ON/OFF buttons.

Caporegime
So strange thing happened, bought the Laferrari car last night as i had some money in my M$ account. But after about an hr my nephew says to me, we just gifted the same car:confused:. I know hes been playing a lot with my career mode, hes much better at it than me and levels up faster.

But i seem to have 2 Laferrari's and 2 E21 F1 cars...question is that i cannot seem to sell them like i used to in the previous Forza's. I only get the option to remove them but no option to sell. I guess thats because the marketplace isnt available yet?? or am i missing something??.

Caporegime
Edit: Also there is a complete lack of the sensation of speed, which is highly disappointing in a racing game.

There is a great sense of speed in this game.

Racing through Prague in a 458 Italia is immense and gives of a great sense of speed.

I had much difficulty with the 458 last night in one of the race series, so twitchy at the rear end, especially after applying some upgrades, and you lot and your Drivatars just want to ram into me.

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
So strange thing happened, bought the Laferrari car last night as i had some money in my M$ account. But after about an hr my nephew says to me, we just gifted the same car:confused:. I know hes been playing a lot with my career mode, hes much better at it than me and levels up faster.

But i seem to have 2 Laferrari's and 2 E21 F1 cars...question is that i cannot seem to sell them like i used to in the previous Forza's. I only get the option to remove them but no option to sell. I guess thats because the marketplace isnt available yet?? or am i missing something??.

They sent out the cars a second time recently as not everyone got the first batch. If they eventually allow us to sell cars in game, they will probably sell for 100cr again.

The marketplace will likely just be the place you can view all DLC and get the car packs from if you bought the car pass, like with Forza 4, my guess is it will be live just before the 2nd car pack arrives.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They sent out the cars a second time recently as not everyone got the first batch. If they eventually allow us to sell cars in game, they will probably sell for 100cr again.

The marketplace will likely just be the place you can view all DLC and get the car packs from if you bought the car pass, like with Forza 4, my guess is it will be live just before the 2nd car pack arrives.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up :) and yes no doubt the cars they gift you will only be worth a few hundred cr's lol.

Associate
complete newbie to this and i am having job just stopping the car from power sliding round corners all the time totaly unrealistic making the game unplayable any tips pls

Soldato
Im going to suggest Simulation steering, Traction Control and ABS both on, breaking line on, and all other assists off. That way the car should feel right, accelerate and break controllably and also the game will give you a clue about entry speed and line, once you get used to the cars turn off the TC and ABS, and once you learn the tracks turn the breaking line off.

Back
Top Bottom