Terraria - Dig, fight, explore, build

Associate
Finally got my obsidian armour. I blasted holes in some of the deep underground lakes to make the water trickle down some routes I dug. Once the water hit some lava, I quickly dig the obsidian and the lava replenishses the layer of obsidian.
As for the hellstone, I dug it out with a layer of stone or ash between the hellstone and myself, to prevent me from burning once the hellstone creates a lava block.
I have also found an underground jungle biome, so I am starting to find decent rare weapons like a Godly Boomerang. Also found an ancient cobalt chestplate in a jungle house. Had to fight plenty of hornets and creepers for it though. :(

Associate
Whilst the server is in HM, I thought that I would play single player to gather the resources and compete against the bosses myself (never actually done this before). I have killed the Eye of Cthulu and also dug my way down to Hell. I am fully kitted in Platinum armour, but that is still a little weak in Hell. Where do I go from here? should I try to find the Sky island? Or do I look for the Corrupted Land and fight the corruption? I have also made a Slime Crown, so that is my next big fight :) .

platinum + diamonds = diamond staff , if you can make one of them (shouldnt be to hard) farm the enemies in the corruption for vertabrae to make Bloody spines then farm the brain for a load of Crimtane which will see through till you can make molten armour

The other thing to do at night is explore underground. Either find a cave entrance or start digging straight down. Wood platforms are your friends here as you can jump on them to get back out.

use rope- its so much quicker !!

Soldato
Link to the latest patch notes on their dev blog.

Got 94 hours out of this game so far, just got my first True Night's Edge only beat The Destroyer so far, The Twins are a total *****.

My steam nick is colzboppo if anyone is up for a game :)

Get a set of spectre armour and a magnet sphere and you will nearly unstoppable due to health regen on dealing damage. It requires a lot of dungeon farm but its worth it.

Associate
just started playing this, a bit late to the party but better late than never i suppose. Any tips tricks you wanna bestow upon me, people?

Associate
Don't give up, i've got about 90 hours out of this game & still not finished it, but it can take perseverance to progress in the beginning (and end too - part of the fun IMO).

Having someone else to play with helps also, but not necessary.

Use the wiki for crafting / boss guides if your stuck. Buy a piggy bank, you can carry it in your inventory then drop it on a wood platform and stack up all your items for extra space if your spelunking and need more bag space.

Also learn to use the quick stack button when storing items in chests, it will automatically stack anything from your inventory onto existing items in the chest!!

Last edited:
Associate
Terraria is on offer on Steam again for £1.35 (Steam Store)! I could try host a game online: add me as a steam buddy :)

I've even built a level or two for hosting LAN parties on, using Tshock, you can control the world enviroment, spawn bosses, cheat essentially.

Associate
got this on android...and haven't played past the tutorial...

with its cheap price on steam, is it worth getting it ? i never played minecraft, and the game concept seems tiresome...i keep getting stuck in a deep hole, and cant get out, coz i run out of wooden platforms...

hmm, is the ocUK community still active in this game ?

~M~

Soldato
so ive collected the eye of cuthulu any advice?

This is how it's best to make progress though the game:

- explore the rocky underground (up to and including the blue mushrooms area), open as many chests as possible for weapons/equipment, gather copper/iron, make a full armor (full same metal provides a bonus) ; find the eye of cuthulu, use it when you're above ground at night; he will appear and can be defeaded using the shurikens/knives you found or the best bow you can make with wodden arrow or enchanged boomering if you find one. you can farm this boss by collecting lenses from those flying eyes at night, 6 lense = 1eye; farming it will allow you to make a special weapon/armor.

- explore the jungle, you will find it by simply walking left or right until you reach it; open as many chests as possible, find equipment; there's a bee boss but it's optional; gather as much gold/platinum as possible and make a full armor.

- explore the corruption (or red area), break spheres found in it until the next boss arrives on the surface; defeat it with the gold stuff on you + anything good you found in the jungle.

- go to the dungeon (on the left or right side of the map, opposite of the jungle); talk to the old man at night he will turn into a skeleton, another boss to defeat; the simplest way to do it is to buy the minishark gun from the NPC in your starting area (he appears after you find a musket in one of those spheres you broke in the corruption.

-enter the dungeon and explore it.. you should have quite a few hours of gameplay under your belt by now and have a much better idea what you're doing.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Associate
hi guys.

I wanted to show my friend the joy of terraria so i decided to go multiplayer and host a game for us both to play on.

short version: When I do this, despite having ports forwarded (and checked using port forwards utility you can download) my pc suddenly turns into a 200 mhz celeron with 256k of ram.

my specs are I5-2500k at 3.3 Ghz, 8GB ram, win 7 64 bit with a 480 gtx.
Im on plusnet fibre 80/20.

the only thing i can think of is to blame the technicolor tg582n router but really i have no idea its bizarre.

any ideas ??

Back
Top Bottom