Your longest drive in ONE day?

Permabanned
That's over 13 hours driving. Do you actually do anything when you get to your destinations?

I go up at 1am, have a nap, conduct business, visit grandfather in rhyl, then drive back normally around 11pm.
It is all motorways so it is not a 60mph road especialy when there is no one on the road between Birmingham and Exeter.

Soldato
I once set out form my flat in North London in my r33 GTS-T Skyline to buy a paper from the shop round the corner.

ended up driving up to North Wales, then down the a470 to Cardiff,over to Bristol and back down the m4.

Took 9 hours I think and cost a fortune in petrol.

Was a very good drive! :D

By the time I was on the M4 I had to crawl along at 50 as the exhaust noise was so deafening. The car had some crazy twin pipe exhaust on it. Soon replaced by a nice quieter HKS jobby

Don
I once set out form my flat in North London in my r33 GTS-T Skyline to buy a paper from the shop round the corner.

ended up driving up to North Wales, then down the a470 to Cardiff,over to Bristol and back down the m4.

Took 9 hours I think and cost a fortune in petrol.

Was a very good drive! :D

By the time I was on the M4 I had to crawl along at 50 as the exhaust noise was so deafening. The car had some crazy twin pipe exhaust on it. Soon replaced by a nice quieter HKS jobby

I drove my P1 to the alps with a straight through de-cat, screamer pipe and hks headers

Why on earth I thought it was a good I'll never know! Couldn't hear anything for at least 4-5 hours ;)

Associate
850ish from faversham to cannes.
Was on a Sunday morning so no lorries on the road in France. Lost count how many times I got flashed :D

Soldato
840 milesish, Salt Lake city to Seattle.

Longest recently, 632 miles. Stone -> Wishbech -> Peterhead.

With work regularly do 400 miles plus a day.

Soldato
230 from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Was an amazing drive! Big open roads, automatic, cruise control. :D

I'm not normally one for automated vehicles, but they really work in the US!

My Dad managed 800 miles yesterday :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
A couple of years ago when I had the ST me and Mrs were in Avignon for a week holiday, decided on the way home rather than stopping half way just to power through - was about 14 hours to-go from a village outside of Avignon to Birmingham, bout 900 miles and three tanks of fuel :)

Back
Top Bottom