Get your Wallets Ready - Steam Sale Dates this Winter

Man of Honour
To be fair, you do at least get points for doing stuff with uPlay which can then be redeemed for whatever.

Agreed, I prefer uPlay rewards to Steam achievements, as you can then redeem them on items of your choice (I only use them for mini-DLC stuff like bonus items, extra levels etc).
That said, Steam trading cards have moved the goalposts a bit as you can normally claw back at least 20p from 3 cards.

Soldato
Okay, having played some Far Cry 3 now, I'm a little more inclined to forgive the Uplay nonsense. My only worry now is that I'm going to forget my Uplay username and password because it wouldn't let me pick ones I'd remember.

Soldato
My biggest gripes about Uplay are all to do with the fact that it's duplicating something which I already have a lot of games invested in (Steam)...

As an actual application in its own right though I think Uplay is actually quite nice... It certainly loads up faster than Steam on my system, it's quite well laid out, pretty unobtrusive. If it was the only digital games management and distribution platform available I wouldn't be unhappy to have to use it.

Soldato
It seems like steam christmas sales have gotten a bit poor since last year, prices on games aren't that great really (humble bundle!) and these cards are a bit pointless as you don't gain anything noteworthy, anyone remember all the free games you could get a couple years back? :(

Back
Top Bottom