Who's working this Christmas?

Associate
In work tomorrow 10am finish 10am Christmas day :( Normal rate of pay just get the day off another time. Better than last year did a double over Christmas eve day and Christmas day home by 11 boxing day.. Good job but social hours suck..

Soldato
Finish when ever the boss decides to let us go home today then I'm off until 2nd January :D

It's nice as often my dad would have to work over Christmas but everyone is off :)

Fell for those of you working, especially those with young families :(

Associate
Half day today :) though the main office is open over christmas. I'm being contracted out so get the holiday benefits of the company I'm based at if I want them.

Soldato
Thankfully only working Christmas Eve until 17:00.

I'd quite happily work Christmas day though if they were paying me even a fraction of what some people seem to be getting paid in this thread.

We run on a skeleton staff as it is so Christmas is actually kinda quiet for us!

Soldato
As usual West (as I say it every year) people like yourself are credit to the NHS, hope you have quite shift if that is a good thing ? Or is a busy one better so the time goes quicker?

Either way have a good christmas

Thank you kind sir. It is possible.. to be honest I don't expect it to be that busy. It isn't too bad starting at 3pm either.. I still get to spend the morning with my family and the guy im on with the next couple of days is always a good laugh so we'll keep each other entertained. :D

Soldato
I finished last Friday and off until 2nd. Only day I am doing is Xmas day which was voluntary for the money. No kids etc.. So couldn't turn down the money. I finish at 18:00.

Associate
I work in a school and, although I'm full-time (IT) so don't get all the holidays and half-terms off, it is closed over Christmas. I finished at 12pm today and don't go back in until the 2nd Jan, which is also when all other staff return as those two days finishing the week off are INSET days. Term starts on the 6th.

Soldato
26th, 27th and 28th. Double time on Boxing Day, and altered shifts on the following two days in order to take down the Christmas decorations and Christmas grotto. Then 11 days off, and back working nights to take down the high-up decs and some other nonsen with the MEWP at normal working rate. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom