2014, Our hardware is outdated :P

Man of Honour
An i5 and gtx780 are going to be outdated by the summer?

desk%20flip.jpg

Soldato
In other sub forums thats fine but this is GD remember :rolleyes:

Agreed. Coming in GD and posting enthusiastically about your PC is a bit like a Jew walking into a Mosque and telling everyone how great the Torah is. It's not going to end well. ;)

I do sympathise with the OP. It was an honest mistake and he should have posted in GH to avoid the inevitable asinine comments. However This is a PC based forum fundamentally and many of us who post here are enthusiasts in one form or an other so a little understanding would go a long way. PC's for many are a hobby (Especially us gamers) that they enjoying upgrading and ultimately it's our money and we shouldn't be criticised for spending it on what we enjoy. If I want the latest GFX card every 12 months and I have the money then screw you if you don't like it. :D

Soldato
Outdated? Hah!

My i7 920 laughs in the face of new hardware.

When is the new stuff expected to come out? Could really do with upgrading. :D
I'm in the same position, it's run at 4Ghz since the day I bought it and I'm yet to find a good justification to upgrade although I've tried desperately. Unfortunately Haswell wasn't a good enough reason, roll on Broadwell (or whatever is next for O/C gaming goodness...)

Soldato
OP
I do wish I could get rid of this upgrade bug though, It's getting to be very annoying, 1 minute I'm looking at my rig and I'm very content and happy with it and the next I'm thinking to myself "Well in a few months time all the new stuff is out and I'll have to buy a new case, Mobo, CPU, GPU, Different/Faster Ram" I know I don't have to buy anything at all but I think it's border line OCD and it's seriously starting to p*** me off.

Associate
I'm still running an e7400 at stock, 4gb ram and just recently my 1gb 4870 died, and I'm only just thinking about upgrading :D

And probably with just a decent gpu and a q6600 or higher :p

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;25543718 said:
Why would you care?

I've still got an i5 2500K from 2011, 3 years old next month, still runs everything brilliantly and have seen zero reason to upgrade. Breaking the pointless upgrade cycle for the sake of it was the best thing I did. Leaves you money to spend on better stuff than having more 3dmarks than a load of people you've never met :p

Same. Upgrading is pointless, games these days don't break new ground. Also as I have got older I now realise it is a waste of money.

Man of Honour
:pI'm still running an e7400 at stock, 4gb ram and just recently my 1gb 4870 died, and I'm only just thinking about upgrading :D

And probably with just a decent gpu and a q6600 or higher :p

My day to day non-gaming stuff is done on a Core 2 Duo T9600 (equiv desktop E8300), 4GB, GTX260m (equiv desktop 1GB 9800GT) laptop and its fast enough for most stuff. Though it will be changing over to the laptop in my sig now I have built a desktop system again for gaming.

Associate
C2D 2.4Ghz user here. My mac is from 2010; I've never owned a system for this long before purchasing it :O Gave up on PC gaming a few years back. Still, it does its job well but I'm sure I'd be blown away by an i5 or i7. :D

Soldato
Upgrades are forced upon me these days (AMD Trinity rig I built last year wasnt though, I sold my Phenom rig to pay for part of it, sisters youngest boy has now got that for Xmas), everytime little sister phones up & says she or her boys have a problem or they want a new one. Hopefully my planned Kaveri based rig for jan 2014 will be the last for a while. I'm surprised I've still got my SB based rig, I was happy with my C2D Wolfdale rig for over 2 years & then I got a call saying hers was too slow & wanted an upgrade. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Upgrades are forced upon me these days (AMD Trinity rig I built last year wasnt though, I sold my Phenom rig to pay for part of it, sisters youngest boy has now got that for Xmas), everytime little sister phones up & says she or her boys have a problem or they want a new one. Hopefully my planned Kaveri based rig for jan 2014 will be the last for a while. I'm surprised I've still got my SB based rig, I was happy with my C2D Wolfdale rig for over 2 years & then I got a call saying hers was too slow & wanted an upgrade. :rolleyes:

Maybe stop giving your stuff away then and tell your sister to go buy a pc instead of robbing yours :p

Back
Top Bottom