• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommend me a graphic card for £140

Associate
Hi guys,

Been a while and my 440 ti is now a dinosaur off to the sales tomorrow what can I get for £140 max graphic card wise that will serve me well on BF4?

any advice would be great

Thanks

Mike

Man of Honour
Pretty much as above, the 270X is a great card in this range. If your PSU up for powering it though? And your motherboard may need a BIOS update prior to it working with the card. Just stuff to bear in mind.

Associate
OP
just cant get one for £140 quid and got BF4 for Xmas and running like a dead dog lol My I5 needs a new card asap and thats all the cash i have

bru

bru

Soldato
The next best card is the NV 660 or slightly slower the 270 but the 270x is well worth the little bit extra.

Associate
I just got a 270 (non X).

It's the Asus Direct CU II OC.

Runs really well actually, I thought it would be a bit weak but it's actually decent at 1080p. I had a GTX 680 before which I sold because I was fed up for a while :) Got this to replace it and honestly I can't notice a massive difference. Plays everything I've tried at high/ultra settings without problems. Only game that's struggled a little was Metro 2033 but I had it maxed out. I don't have BF4 I'm afraid, I was supposed to get it with the card but I didn't.... chasing it up currently.

Overclocked to 1100 on the core and 1500 (6000) on the memory and that's as far as the software will let me go. No adjustment in voltage. So 270X performance and above. Obviously you will probably get more out of a 270X but the 270 is a decent card for a low budget.

Caporegime
I just got a 270 (non X).

It's the Asus Direct CU II OC.

Runs really well actually, I thought it would be a bit weak but it's actually decent at 1080p. I had a GTX 680 before which I sold because I was fed up for a while :) Got this to replace it and honestly I can't notice a massive difference. Plays everything I've tried at high/ultra settings without problems. Only game that's struggled a little was Metro 2033 but I had it maxed out. I don't have BF4 I'm afraid, I was supposed to get it with the card but I didn't.... chasing it up currently.

Overclocked to 1100 on the core and 1500 (6000) on the memory and that's as far as the software will let me go. No adjustment in voltage. So 270X performance and above. Obviously you will probably get more out of a 270X but the 270 is a decent card for a low budget.

Surprising just how fast they actually are, isn't it? for £150 you don't expect hem to be snapping at the heels of a GTX 670.

Fantastic cards for that money.

Associate
im in exactly the same boat lol, got 140 to spend, bf4 barley getting 30fps on medium graphics, it sucks. im just putting bf4 to one side while I save up a few quid, like murah said, you will kick yourself if you spend 140 quid and it still runs rubbish

Back
Top Bottom