• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD FX-8320 3.5mhz- What temps?

Soldato
Fantastic, so here I am putting my sons Xmas present together and you're saying it'll fry? :(

Detailed as being a supported CPU on the Asus website along with the faster 8350 as well.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/#support

Don't worry too much - worst case is likely that it will throttle to a slower clock speed.

If it does look to be throttling, you can improve the situation with a fan blowing over the VRMs or buy an aftermarket VRM heatsink (and add a fan).

Associate
AMD FX 8320 3.5 seems too hot

just fitted thi cpu with a corsair water cool kit,and idle temps are show in bios as 46 c
dont seem right to me with a good cpu cooler.

Underboss
Mine is currently sitting at 19c idle, under load it goes to around 35c with a H80i cooler, when it was OC'd to 4.3ghz it was 30c idle and around 50c under load.

Download the Corsair Link software and set it up, probably a better more true temp reading than Bios.

Back
Top Bottom