• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New graphics card?

Associate
Hi guys, ive been out of gaming for about five years, children, fishing bla bla.
Just brought the kids call of duty Ghost and battlefield 4 put them both on my pc, and cant believe how dated my graphics card must be!
Running a radeon 5850 not overclocked, 4gb Gskill F3 12800 mem, Asus M4A79XTDEVO mainboard.
Having to run battlefield on low setting!
If you think its a dated graphics card, can you recomend me something for around the two hundred pound mark please, not up to scratch on what's hot and what s not at the moment.
Thank you for any advise.
:)

Associate
just gone thru exactly the same thing,

after purchasing a 270x and being told i had pretty much only replaced what i had (hd5850) i promptly sent it back and added more cash to get an r9 290.

the card is installed and has sucked the life out of my psu so be prepared for the new cards to be power hungry,

Anything from a 7850,270 or 650ti boost and above is an upgrade.

this was taken from my post asking the same thing but i would rule out the 270 & look at the 280 minimum

maybe this will give you some idea,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-308-AS&groupid=701&catid=1914

im no guru im only sharing what i have learnt in the past week or so lol.

and you get a few new games aswell :) i hope this helps.

Last edited:
Associate
LOL the joy of new games,

there should be a warning on the box.

PLEASE BEWARE YOU MAY NEED TO REBUILD YOUR PC IF YOU WISH TO PLAY THIS GAME :)

Back
Top Bottom