MSI Laptops any good?

Associate
Hi All

im looking at getting an MSI Laptop for gaming and some video editing.
are they good? looking at around £1k or £900 ish hopefully they will have some down in price for a January sale. my old laptop just cant cut it with what i am doing atm.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well i want a good size screen but i will be taking it to work. my desk top is too good to replace. its just so i can carry on doing editing and a little gaming at work.

Associate
OP
might have a look, dont want to go much more the £1100 tbh. cant afford much more with having 2 cars and just bought a R9 290 lol

Associate
I have a similar dilemma to yourself in needing something portable and fast. Over the last year I have juggled a few different laptops. My two cents is basically this; Clevo is a definite no, they are cheap, look cheap, feel cheap, things like the trackpad, onboard sound card, battery life and build quality are dire on every model I tried. Alienware's tend to be too heavy and way too big for what they actually are. I haven't tried ASUS or MSI, although to be honest I wouldn't want to either.

I use a 15" Macbook Pro Retina, best of absolutely all worlds. Very very decent gaming laptop with awesome specs that you wouldn't find anywhere else (Screen resolution, 2kg payload, battery life, backlit keyboard, doesn't look like a transformer, build quality etc etc.).

Even the 2012 model with the GT650M 2GB GDDR5 holds its own nicely and can be found for a fair bit under the 1k notes mark on places like fleabay.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Associate
OP
thanks for your two cents :p

asus laptops are good, had one a few years ago. never tried an MSI yet though. have a Samsung laptop atm and as i said it aint cutting it.

As for macbooks its a no from me, i wouldnt touch apple products again.

fingers crossed overclockers will have some good deals on when i get paid. and i'll be leaving out windows 8 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom