CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
What Valve need to do is USE 128 TICK SERVERS ON MATCHMAKING... It is so annoying they keep releasing all this stuff like weapon skins and pointless stuff.... But they still use 64 tick servers on matchmaking...

I, I agree in part, 128 tick servers would be great, though remember BF4 servers use a measly 10-30 tick; lol and they wanted BF4 to be an esport. ;) ) The skins are not totally pointless though for one fact they generate prize money for competions. i.e. Winter Dreamhack2013.

Last edited:
Soldato
I, I agree in part, 128 tick servers would be great, though remember BF4 servers use a measly 10-30 tick; 64 tick does not sound half as bad then. ;) ) The skins are not totally pointless though for one fact they generate prize money for competions. i.e. Winter Dreamhack2013.

Mmm but for example from recent updates "added flower pots" or "reduced chicken idle clucking rate"....

I want 128 tick... I do not care about how often the chickens cluck or how many flower pots there are!

Soldato
Mmm but for example from recent updates "added flower pots" or "reduced chicken idle clucking rate"....

I want 128 tick... I do not care about how often the chickens cluck or how many flower pots there are!

:)
It is about the extra cost it takes running 128 servers isn't it. Hopefully the success of the cases will hasten 128 tick our way.
Meanwhile think of the poor sods in BF4 with 10-30 tick servers, no wonder hit reg since BC2 has been so dire.

*Edit. Chickens changing to turkeys for December update and headcrabs an upcoming valve release b.t.w.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to give this game a bash, haven't played any CounterStrike in a long time! Used to be a decent 1.5, 1.6 and CS:S and played for a few decent clans - miss the days of Enemy Down ladder matches haha.

Can anyone recommend a decent server to play on? Where do you guys regularly hang out?

Soldato
Decided to give this game a bash, haven't played any CounterStrike in a long time! Used to be a decent 1.5, 1.6 and CS:S and played for a few decent clans - miss the days of Enemy Down ladder matches haha.

Can anyone recommend a decent server to play on? Where do you guys regularly hang out?

I just play on official servers because it assigns you with players who are approximately of the same skill level.

Soldato
Is playing in Idle servers bannable on CS:GO? I want to leave my player in an idle server for when I go out later but having Googled i've seen conflicting opinions. Some people say you can get VAB banned while other don't. I idle on TF2 and there's a load of idle servers there, never had an issue myself. Could anyone clarify this for me please?

Soldato
Is playing in Idle servers bannable on CS:GO? I want to leave my player in an idle server for when I go out later but having Googled i've seen conflicting opinions. Some people say you can get VAB banned while other don't. I idle on TF2 and there's a load of idle servers there, never had an issue myself. Could anyone clarify this for me please?

From what I read, its bannable yes. Not sure if you get VAC banned or some other type of ban.

Why would you want to idle? Is it for items or to upgrade your Operation coin?

People tend to kick people who are AFK (at least on official servers. Never played on a community server)

Also, you are restricted to 4 drops per day

Last edited:
Soldato
Also if it is for items have Valve implemented the same system as in TF2... i.e. you must accept an item drop manually to be eligable to receive another one - which means idling without using an external program to simulate clicks/key-presses (which contravenes the T&Cs) is a lot harder

Soldato
Also if it is for items have Valve implemented the same system as in TF2... i.e. you must accept an item drop manually to be eligable to receive another one - which means idling without using an external program to simulate clicks/key-presses (which contravenes the T&Cs) is a lot harder

You get drops at the end of games in CS, so it ain't that bad.

Soldato
From what I read, its bannable yes. Not sure if you get VAC banned or some other type of ban.

Why would you want to idle? Is it for items or to upgrade your Operation coin?

People tend to kick people who are AFK (at least on official servers. Never played on a community server)

Also, you are restricted to 4 drops per day

I just fancy some skins for my bare guns and that's it, couldn't give a toss about the other stuff to be honest. I do want to play legit and have been but I don't have time to play 8 or so hours a day or however long you have to play to get the daily drops so I want to leave it overnight (like I do with TF2) to get the stuff.

Soldato
I just fancy some skins for my bare guns and that's it, couldn't give a toss about the other stuff to be honest. I do want to play legit and have been but I don't have time to play 8 or so hours a day or however long you have to play to get the daily drops so I want to leave it overnight (like I do with TF2) to get the stuff.

You get them randomly. Not sure where you got the 8 hours from.

Its hit and miss for me. Sometimes I get 2 drops in my first 2 games and at times I get nothing after 3 games.

Associate

If you play regularly it won't take you long to skin up :)

I have tons, so msg me in steam for a trade - I might take some cards or something off your hands for a few skins I don't want/use.

Associate
I usually play a 2-3 matches a night, and maybe a bit of public. As malteser said, sometimes you get drops immediately, other nights you get none at all it is totally random.
If you are after skins quickly, I recommend playing on fullish public servers (casual).

Back
Top Bottom