*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2013/2014 Fantasy Football League*****

Soldato
At 10am this morning, I had mad thoughts of gambling with Caulker as captain!...but changed it to Rooney in the end. I always forget about the Vice Captain.

Soldato
What a poor week this week.. Had some injuries so made a couple changes so I could still have a full team playing and two on the bench.

I captained Rooney and vice captained Yaya Toure. Neither played. Zabaleta and Morrison didn't play either. So with 4 players playing, I got 0 points. One of my subs is also injured so I'm only going to have a max of 9 playing this week! :(

Here's hoping that Lukaku, Barkley and Coleman all score a hat trick each tomorrow!

Man of Honour
Perfect thanks guys that's makes sense nice. I see what hangtime says by not transferring him as if his price doesn't drop then it costs more to get him back. Makes things a lot more difficult. I think I will keep him in my team as I can't afford a better option. Thanks again.

The thing is if you were due to get £7m for him that probably isn't too bad a deal to sell him, because in a few hours his buy price will be £7.4m and then in all likelihood down to around £7.1/£7.2m by the next round of matches on Wednesday.

Depending on what news comes out over the next couple of weeks he could quite easily drop down to £7m or less anyway so you could sell for £7m and buy back at the same price or less.

Obviously the one downside to that approach is the opportunity cost of using transfers but with the winter wildcard not such a big deal IMO.

Soldato
57pts.

NOT so happy considering I put Dzeko in and was hoping most others in my league would score much worse. Turns out a lot of them got lucky with defender choices. Why does it never turn out well ffs!?

Soldato
Anyone know why Zabaleta didn't play at the weekend? Will he be back on Wednesday do you think?

Also, I don't seem to be making money when I transfer players. For example, I bought Ramsey for 6.6, he's now worth 7.4, but when I try and transfer him out of my squad, it only puts my bank up by 6.6. Any ideas?

EDIT: In fact I bought him for 5.9. Turns out you need to look at the data view to see the price you paid for a player. So 6.6 is the price I can sell him at, 7.4 is current market price to buy him.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^£7.4m is a kinda 'inefficient' price to sell a player you bought for £5.9m, since you'd still receive £6.6m if their price dropped to £7.3m. Of course, if the player you are bringing in is rising then it makes sense to beat the rise.

Back
Top Bottom