*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Soldato
There has been some talk of a map wipe on the vanilla server recently. I would be interested as to know what this would bring to the vanilla server.

The whole world is some 900 square kilometres in size - plenty large enough for there to be gigantic areas still unexplored. There is no shortages of resources, although one must go hunting for them (the whole point of a vanilla survival server, no?). The extraction of said resources has been facilitated by the hard work of quite a few players who have banded together to build structures that benefit the whole community (endermen farms anyone?). There's a whole enchanting area for you to enchant stuff so easily.

IMVHO a map wipe would mean a few players would come one again - make a "nice" house then bugger off. There would be no community builds, like each previous map wipe.

Look at some of the transport infrastructure that has been installed. Some might say there's no point with the /bedtp command, but /bedtp isn't available on survival. That's the whole point.

If you want instant tp to your build, or loads of glowstone available on your doorstep, surely a vanilla survival server ain't for you?

The players make a vanilla survival map - map-wipes do not.

Anyhoo - currently happily enjoying the vanilla server - please don't wipe it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Additional - If you want community, then look at thejudochop's wither skelly project, or the WitchFarm MKII, various rail networks, hell, even my AutoBrewer - there are players who actually enjoy building stuff other than just a *nice house*.

Merry Christmas to all.

Man of Honour
OP
If you have ideas /re community stuff and admin stuff for vanilla then it's probably a good idea to speak to Maxi. Personally my view is that if someone has drive (and the knowledge and maturity (and patience) to deal with the results) to push things forward then they should be heard out.

Soldato
Hmm, either my connection to the mod server keeps timing out, or something in the logistics pipes setup I created is causing it to crash shortly after I join...

EDIT: After some single player creative mode testing I can tell you exactly what I've broken. The provider pipe out of my thermal expansion powered furnace looks like it's causing the problem. Despite configuring the output face on the furnace, the provider pipe is set to provide all, probably causing a conflict as it's conected to the same system that's supplying it. I can probably get on the server long enough to identify the co-ordinates of the problem, can you eliminate individual blocks or would it be a whole chunk reset?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, either my connection to the mod server keeps timing out, or something in the logistics pipes setup I created is causing it to crash shortly after I join...

EDIT: After some single player creative mode testing I can tell you exactly what I've broken. The provider pipe out of my thermal expansion powered furnace looks like it's causing the problem. Despite configuring the output face on the furnace, the provider pipe is set to provide all, probably causing a conflict as it's conected to the same system that's supplying it. I can probably get on the server long enough to identify the co-ordinates of the problem, can you eliminate individual blocks or would it be a whole chunk reset?

just read that now I had a look in the logs earlier and went to the block that was causing the issue I pulled logistics from the game rather then a chunk reset.

The conflict was actually cofh related the furnace puts items in the the provider pipe and I don't think it likes that as its meant to pull from an inv. I assume an easy fix to this would be furnace > chest > provider

Last edited:
Associate
5punk, I think there is a problem with crafting Ink Mixers as I cant pull it out of the crafting table (AC couldn't either)

Also the link book modifier at spawn doesn't seem to work either or it doesn't like mere mortals like myself playing with it.

Soldato
1.6.4 mod server is now on Direwolf20 v1.0.9

(logistics are back in as i like making my life hard)

The Server tools mod has once again been updated so please don't forget to re make your home command.

Home command is now per dimension so will no longer take you back from nether/mining age etc so please make a link book and use the modifier at spawn (in main world) to create a following book.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom