Sep 21 Aragon MotoGP
Sep 28 Brazilian MotoGP
Oct 12 Japanese MotoGP
Oct 19 Australian MotoGP
Oct 26 Malaysian MotoGP
Nov 09 Valencia MotoGP

Soldato
OP
These are the riders provisionally entered for participation in the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship season:

4 ANDREA DOVIZIOSO - ITALIAN - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *

5 COLIN EDWARDS - USA - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR YAMAHA

6 STEFAN BRADL - GERMAN - LCR HONDA MotoGP - HONDA *

7 HIROSHI AOYAMA - JAPANESE - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA

8 HECTOR BARBERA - SPANISH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR

9 DANILO PETRUCCI - ITALIAN - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA

17 KAREL ABRAHAM - CZECH - CARDION AB MOTORACING - HONDA

19 ALVARO BAUTISTA - SPANISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA *

26 DANI PEDROSA - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *

29 ANDREA IANNONE - ITALIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI *

35 CAL CRUTCHLOW - BRITISH - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *

38 BRADLEY SMITH - BRITISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *

41 ALEIX ESPARGARO - SPANISH - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR

YAMAHA

44 POL ESPARGARO - SPANISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *

45 SCOTT REDDING - BRITISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA

46 VALENTINO ROSSI - ITALIAN - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *

63 MIKE DI MEGLIO - FRENCH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR

68 YONNY HERNANDEZ - COLOMBIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI

69 NICKY HAYDEN - USA - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA

70 MICHAEL LAVERTY - BRITISH - PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART

93 MARC MARQUEZ - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *

99 JORGE LORENZO - SPANISH - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *

TO BE CONFIRMED - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA

Broc Parkes PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART

Caporegime
I don't follow the MotoGP much. Has there been as much outrage among MotoGP fans about it going to BT Sport as there was (and still is) about F1 going to Sky?

Soldato
The guys at Bike Chat Forums seem suitably annoyed. Most will find alternative ways of watching it though.

It's a shame to lose the flexibility of iplayer though. I always enjoyed watching the races in the evening.

Oddly enough I had BT Sport, but in their infinite wisdom they decided to use Microsoft Silverlight, so it doesn't work on Linux.

Soldato
OP
luckily I get BT Sport free or i'd be well pee'd off
hopefully they get a good team to commentate
from what I have read it will be a full day of motogp, from 9am to 6pm on race day and all the practice from the other 2 days.
plus a midweek show to recap and preview the next race.

Soldato
Can't wait for it to kick off again...gonna be painful watching Cal wobbling about on the Ducati mind :(. Fingers crossed Gigi Dall’Igna can get them going in the right direction...
:)

Associate
I just signed up to Sky which is £60/month and then another £12/month for BT Sport on top (not a BT customer... cannot get it here) in order to watch it, it had better be worth it!

Luckily I got Sky half price for a year.. so i can at least test the water.

Looking forward to it :)

Associate
Entertainment+ and Sky Sports packages too. It's not just for MotoGP, i should have made that clearer.

The guy told me BT will not add BT Sport to your Sky package if you do not have the Sky Sports package... no idea if that is correct or if he was trying it on, but we wanted it anyway.

Soldato
I think the guy may well have been mis-informed, there's no requirement to have Sky Sports in order to have BT Sport - it's £12/month in SD or £15/month in HD, plus a £15 activation fee on Sky. BT do all the selling and setup of the channels, and there are no pre-requisites listed on BT's site or FAQs.

Caporegime
Entertainment+ and Sky Sports packages too. It's not just for MotoGP, i should have made that clearer.

The guy told me BT will not add BT Sport to your Sky package if you do not have the Sky Sports package... no idea if that is correct or if he was trying it on, but we wanted it anyway.

You were lied too.

Regardless of if you wanted Sports or not, I'd still complain about how it was sold to you. You might get something free out of it.

All you need is a box and a viewing card. I'm not even sure you need an actual Sky subscription, you might be able to add it to a Freesat from Sky card?

Telling you that you must have Sports is bloody cheeky. BT Sport has nothing to do with the Sky Sports channels. He may as well have told you that you needed Movies.

MissChief on here works for Sky, it will be interesting to see what he says. I imagine its just an upselling tactic the sales guys have been told to push, but I'm pretty sure that flat out lying to customers is dodgy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's just an upselling tactic. TBH you can have BT Sport as long as you have a current White Sky viewing card, even an old one that doesn't have an active Sky Sub on it.

And it's Misschief, I know there's a Mischief as well, just to confuse matters.

Soldato
MotoGP is only on BT Sport? I guess it does have ball games and Indycar on it as well now, so perhaps this will increase the subscription numbers.

Associate
Correct - SkySports removed, happy to live without it and be at least £11/month better off.

Put in a complaint against the guy I was dealing with.

Caporegime
It's just an upselling tactic.

Are you allowed to lie about the requirements of a contract like that though? While probubly not criminal, I imagine it makes the contact worthless if it was sold on missinformation?

And it's Misschief, I know there's a Mischief as well, just to confuse matters.

Doh, sorry. :p

Correct - SkySports removed, happy to live without it and be at least £11/month better off.

Put in a complaint against the guy I was dealing with.

Good for you. I get they are a business and try to make as much money as possible, but flat out lying to customers to force them to sign up for things is pushing it.

Soldato
Are you allowed to lie about the requirements of a contract like that though? While probubly not criminal, I imagine it makes the contact worthless if it was sold on missinformation?

It's a fraudulent misrepresentation that would indeed make the contract voidable. The remedy of which is rescission

Also leaves the company (if others are aware that someone is doing it) open to a pretty big fine I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom