Working from home

Associate
Hi guys,

Where would be the best place to look for jobs where I can work from home while being a student ? Are there specific websites ?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
What are your skills? I used to do freelance programming work etc whilst at school - was fairly simple to find jobs back then though.

Associate
OP
Hmmm skills, well I'm really good with technology and the internet, I enjoy and I'm pretty good at researching almost anything aswell as writing in depth reviews for products.

Soldato
I used to work for AQA 63336 when I was at university. Was with them for about 2 years and it was the best job ever - work as much or as little as I wanted, when I wanted, and earned an average of £12 an hour. All you have to do is answer questions that have been text in through a mixture of Google/other research, past answers database and own words (for non-factual answers), although some questions did take some time.

However because it's an awesome job I think positions are rare and more competitive these days (I worked for them 6 years ago), but worth a try given your skills (research and top notch spelling and grammar).

Soldato
I am also quite interested in earning a few more pennies whilst at home, and have no clue what to do. I'm not interested in all these survey thingymabobs, but that's all there seems to be!

Caporegime
Hmmm skills, well I'm really good with technology and the internet, I enjoy and I'm pretty good at researching almost anything aswell as writing in depth reviews for products.

So basically you've got no real marketable skills other than generic ones which are already sold at rather low prices by people in India, Eastern Europe who work as virtual personal assistants etc...

I reckon your options are limited as far as working from home is concerned - you're much better working in a regular job part time unless you're unable to for some reason.

Associate
I'm working from home right now. Sure, my office hours are 9-5, but there's nothing stopping me working from home in the evenings to do extra work. No additional pay though.

Soldato
Anything preventing you from getting a real job? Working from home is not really a viable option any more unless you have in demand skills such as programming. even then its not just from home.

Soldato
Software development works fine from home. Or the office, a train, on holiday, in a cafe - location makes very little difference.

Could you use your internet skills to learn the mechanics of programming then your excellent spelling to minimise typos while coding? There's some synergy there.

Back
Top Bottom