Canon Digital Professional software woes

Associate
Hi
in recent months I have been having an ongoing PC nightmare with so much money spent it is frightening
any way to cut a long story short I have bought a Dell xps 12 laptop which is a great little machine but Canon Digital Pro software just will not load on it at all telling me the resolution is not good enough ??

which has me really puzzled as it is running 1920x1080 using an Intel I7 Cpu with the onboard graphics

after lot of reading up and messing about searching apparently this is a common problem with this software and Canon are supposedly well aware of this software on smaller screen laptops etc

some folks have got it working via an external screen by switching off there Laptops own inbuilt screen and managed to get it working

I use the Canon software for batch processing huge amounts of images and do not want start using something else

I have tried lots of times reinstalling the software like these other guys have done yet it just wont have it telling me my screen res is not hi enough

yet my daughters boyfriends Laptop is 5 yrs old and the slowest dog of a thing yet the software runs on it!!!!!

so please any help at all in how to get this software running on my new Dell laptop
I use it 4 days a week for my work files and
thanks

Soldato
As above, try a lower resolution, maybe a 4:3 resolution (like 1024x768)

Also, do you have the High DPI setting enabled? (which tends to happen automatically on small, high resolution screens)

If so, try setting the DPI to Normal.

Back
Top Bottom