***The new and improved GIF thread (please read rules in OP ) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ya, its a kid, there isn't a right way to do CPR, changes every six months.
Mostly respiratory distress in kids, I'd always start with a rescue breath, even though current teachings would suggest to avoid breaths to begin.
Otherwise you're hoping to have a defibrillator lying around.

Soldato
Ya, its a kid, there isn't a right way to do CPR, changes every six months.
Mostly respiratory distress in kids, I'd always start with a rescue breath, even though current teachings would suggest to avoid breaths to begin.
Otherwise you're hoping to have a defibrillator lying around.

Last time I did defib training (november time) the chappy said not to do rescue breaths for adults if you dont want to, but "You gotta be a heartless ******* to not try with a kid", then explained it being more likely to be respiratory distress etc.

Associate
Least he did something

aKzA8O1_460sa.gif

Soldato
OP
Least he did something

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aKzA8O1_460sa.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Indeed. But they should be trained. I have been personally taught to use two fingers but the baby should have been taken out of the car and laid on the ground because you need a firm surface.

[quote="VirtualAdept, post: 25631077"]Last time I did defib training (november time) the chappy said not to do rescue breaths for adults if you dont want to, but "You gotta be a heartless ******* to not try with a kid", then explained it being more likely to be respiratory distress etc.[/QUOTE]
From where I'm sitting there is no excuse to not do the full CPR if you're carrying a mouth guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom